Sugar Rush by Tarte: Pick 5 for $25

Sugar Rush is a new brand by Tarte that I was pretty interested in. It's still a high end brand- but the price is a little bit better than the regular Tarte line and it seems like it's designed for yougner people- but it still has the products and colors that would work for more mature makeup wearers too. It's kind of unique for what it is. It's also a mish mash of makeup, skincare and body care... so you definitely have options with this line!

At Ulta right now Sugar Rush has a deal that you can buy 4 sample sizes of the products and a makeup bag for $25. I think this is a great deal because it's a good way to try a lot of the products without purchasing anything full sized. I haven't used these products all that much yet... so I'm just going to give you guys my first impressions!

First off is the Cake Butter. This is a whipped Body Butter that has a super nice sweet bakery scent to it. This is a true first impression because I just put some on a second ago... It feels really nice. I put a little bit on my wrist and it feels really nice. I also applied some to the bottom of my hand... which is very dry right now and bleeding... I thought it might stink if I put it all over... but it felt pretty good at the bottom of my hand at least.

I got the Sugar Coat liquid lipstick also. I'm not sure of the color- but they only had one in the smaller size and it's a pretty pink color. It's a little bit of a dark neutral. It feels al lot like the regular Tarte Liquid Lipsticks which I love... I think these are a little bit cheaper too- they're $15 and I think the tarte ones are $21 or $22... but they do go on sale a lot. I still think for $15 this is a pretty good deal. They don't have that many colors yet... but I might look at some of them because I do really like this formula. It feels nice on my lips... it doesn't last too too long but it feels nice and it works! It smells good too.

Speaking of lips, I also got the lip oil! I think the only color they had in the mini size was Fresh Pressed... I would have preferred Cherry Slush- but I just wanted to test it out and this is what was available to test. All the scents are the same- so it isn't like an Orange scent or a Cherry scent or anything... they are all raspberry popsicle I think it says. It feels nice and hydrating and it is Vegan- which is also really nice.

My other pick was the sugar spritz- which is a nice mini perfume spray. It sprays really nicely, it smells really great and it lasts really nicely. I love that I can keep this in my purse to reapply if needed... but it lasts a while so you don't totally need to reapply it that much. I would probably buy a full size of this because I do really like it.

And then the makeup bag... which there was only one cactus one... so that wasn't even really a choice. It's cute that they have a makeup bag you can use to put these products and maybe some other purse products in... but I probably would have preferred the ability to pick out a 5th product... I do like this makeup bag though... so it's cute. Whatever. I'm not totally sure why Cactuses are the theme of this Sugar themed makeup line... I guess because of Coachella and festival makeup? Not sure.

I hope new lines start to do things like this. I think this is a wonderful idea to try a range of products from a line for about the price of one full sized thing. I'm definitely getting a theme of the line and I'm curious to try more.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments