Dupes or Oops?- Dr. Teal's Eucalyptus Spearmint Bath Soak vs Bath and Body Works Stress Relief Aromatherapy Bath Soak and Shower Gel

I got the Dr. Teal's bubble bath a while ago and I really liked it and I thought "ehhh next time the Bath and Body Works one is on sale, I'll get one of those." And I got a couple of them actually. They were on sale for $6 they're normally $13... which is kind of a lot.  The Dr. Teal's is under $5... so there's a huge price difference.

The Bath and Body Works one has 10 ounces or 295 mL. The Dr. Teal's is 34 ounces... so big difference there too. Dr. Teal's has a cap, bath and body works does not... that makes a difference to me because I use the cap to pour bubble bath into the running water... so I have to use a different cap for the Bath and Body Works... #firstworldproblems.

The consistency is very different also. The Bath and Body Works is a shower gel, so it is a gel like consistency whereas the Dr. Teal's is a liquid. Another big difference that might might be important  is that the Dr. Teal's is made with pure epsom salt... which is supposed to be good for aches and pains... so that might be something better if you have aches and pains.

The scents are also very different... so far I feel like I'm going "This is different." If you can't tell, they aren't dupes but I do really like both products a lot. The Dr. Teals is a little bit stronger, especially on the spearmint side. The Bath and Body Works one smells lighter... the mint is a little bit softer and it doesn't smell just like a mint or just like a plant... it smells like a lighter mint that you might eat. It's more of a mojito type of thing... it isn't exactly like a mojito... but its got mojito type vibes. I like it.

The Bath and body works one did definitely give more bubbles. It takes kind of a lot to get the Dr. Teals to give bubbles and they dissolve pretty quickly. The Bath and Body Works didn't dissolve as quickly... but it did dissolve more than something like the Avon bubble baths- which usually last me longer than my bath does.

I don't know which one I like better... I kind of like the strong smell of the Dr. Teals one a little bit better... but I just took a bath with the Bath and Body Works one for the first time... and that was really relaxing. Maybe because it's new to me... but it really did feel good and comforting and I just  liked that a lot. I liked how the bubbles dissolved because I could kind of sit in the bath for a little bit soaking it in and sniffing all the different smells from the bubble bath and from my shower gel... so that was really nice. I could do that with the Dr. Teals also... but the Bath and Body Works didn't dissolve as much.

I also like that the Bath and Body works is a shower gel too... if you aren't going to take a bath, you can use it as a shower gel. I like that there's a line of products to go with the Bath and Body Works ones... so you could get a lotion, a spray, a wallflower, a candle and all sorts of things to go with it. I think there might be a lotion for the Dr. Teals and there are actual salts for it too... but I haven't seen it.

Both scents are pretty unisex, I think anyone could enjoy them. Both are just good products... I'll probably repurchase both of them because I like them both so much. I think maybe the Bath and Body Works is better overall as a product... but Dr. Teal's is a great alternative.

I guess even though they don't smell the same and they aren't really dupes, the Dr. Teal's is a great alternative to the Bath and Body Works. I think the Bath and Body Works at full price is wayyy too expensive and I don't think it's worth the price for $13. It didn't take me long to finish the Dr. Teal's and that has more product in it... so $13 for less product is not something I'm willing to pay for... but for $6 I think that's a good price! I'm impressed with it and would recommend either one!

Hope this was helpful! Happy Easter!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

  1. Wonderful Post. This is a very helpful post. These are the useful tips for. I would like to share with my friends. To know more about me visit here aromatherapy bath soak

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts