Thrifty Thursday: Revlon HD Lipsticks

Revlon has had these HD Lipsticks for a while now, they recently re-packaged them and that made me interested enough to try a couple of shades out!

So the packaging on these are very pretty, but they're misleading. They kind of look like they're Metallic... but they aren't. They're just kind of balm-like lipsticks. They go on opaque, but they're very comfortable and remind me of their Lip Butters or the Maybelline Babylips or something along those lines. The only difference is that this is in a much more precise and convenient packaging, so it's super easy to just put in your purse and throw on the lips.

I used to love things like the Maybelline Babylips when I was in college. I took an Improv class and would commute to school... so I needed quick makeup that was kind of natural looking and easy to reapply. It didn't get on my teeth ever... and it was just really nice and easy! This would possibly be even better than the Babylips for that because it is a little more opaque and easy to apply.

These don't last very long... but as I said, it's an "in the purse" lipstick. It lasts a pretty long time and it doesn't get bothersome at all... so that's nice! It comes off during eating or drinking... but other than that, not too badly.

I have the colors HD Desert and HD Vineyard. Desert is a lighter neutral, Vineyard is still pretty neutral but it's darker. Neither one of them feather out or get messy... it's nice! They have a wide range of colors... I haven't gotten any more from the line yet... but I feel like I might want some spring-y colors in this line because it's nice to have a nice moisturizing lipstick for Spring and Summer... so maybe a light purpley color if they have it... it's not my favorite from the drugstore, but it is probably my favorite to keep in my purse right now. So I like that!

Hope this was helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments