Worth It Wednesday: Tarte Opening Act Mascara Primer

So I've had this for quite a while and I've really found it useful. I just got the sample with the Tartiest Pro Glow Palette and I really liked it.

This is a lash primer... so you put it on before you put on mascara and it helps the mascara stay on a little bit longer. It's supposed to help with that. I think that it does.

It's totally white when you put this on, so it's going to look a little bit crazy if you just use this on it's own. It does a good job of separating the lashes and it really helps curl the lashes... I have trouble curling my lashes with an eyelash curler. My eyelids are small and I just don't like curling them... so I much prefer using a mascara primer and so far this has been the best one for me.

This is $22... I don't know if it's really worth that much money. It comes with a sample of the tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara... but it still isn't really worth $22 on it's own... it isn't really a necessity... it's just kind of something a little convenient for me... I think if Tarte was 5x the points at Ulta or if there was a sale... I might get it. I would pay maybe $17 for it... but $22 is a little much.

Also unfortunately... I haven't found a better alternative to this primer yet. The Ulta one is okay... but this curls it wayyy better. I haven't tried the L'oreal Voluminous Mascara Primer... I'll probably try that next because I did really like the L'oreal Voluminous Mascara... but overall... I think it's a great product that is just a little bit overpriced for my liking.

I also have a bad feeling this won't sell and it'll get discontinued... but its a good product that I wish was just a few dollars cheaper. If this was a freebie I might be more inclined to buy something... or if it was in a gift set or something... it would be great... even if they just had a travel size I'd buy it... but the full size is a little bit much to have my full seal of approval for the price.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments