Makeup Updates- Sephora and Ulta Sale tips/ Recommendations

This is kind of a random post... I'll probably do a haul and still mention these products... but I thought I'd sort of do a haul here because I'm really excited about some of the things I bought and some of the things I saw while shopping at Sephora and Ulta.

Let's start with Swatches of the Urban Decay Jean Michael Basquait Tenant Eyeshadow Palette... because I didn't buy this... but I was crazy impressed and I took a picture of it... If you're thinking about getting it I would say pick it up... it was more pigmented than any other colorful UD Palette... maybe it was just sephora lighting... but if you're a fan of colorful eyeshadows... this is for you! I also swatched the neutral palette and some of the colors were crazy gorgeous and others were kind of so-so... so idk if I'd pick that up... maybe? But yeah. The Tenant one was CRAZY gorgeous!

I also want to mention this Love Bite Beauty Set that I got at sephora today... I was a little bit nervous about this because there was nothing out on the floor showing what was inside of this and there were no testers or anything. It comes with 2 full size Bite Multiple lipsticks... so you could use them for your lips, your cheeks or even your eyes. I see a 3 Product look coming up soon with these guys. It says the shade names, it's Cashew and Gelato, which are in their regular line. I swatched them to see if I liked them because then I thought this kit was worth it. The Multiple's are $24 each... so that's a little bit off at least... And that's why I bought them... but they also had something called "Rose Cream Pearl Lipgloss" that I believe is exclusive to this set right now...and I've seen their sparkly lip toppers before and I was hoping it was that... and it was! And it is a gorgeous rose color! It's also full sized, I'm wearing it right now with Urban Decay's Backtalk underneath it... so Pretty!
I wish the roses were on the actual case...

See? It's pretty but idk a little underwhelming. 

This is kinda bulky for these few things... I maybe would have wanted a pouch for these... but I'll re-use the tin somehow. 

I feel like a princess today and the lipstick just helped so much! Lol. 

I also got the Narsissist Fully Loaded Eyeshadow Palette... I was expecting them not to have this palette at all at my Sephora inside JcPenny... they had 3 out in a corner that was kind of hidden. I put one in my basket and I was looking around the store... and all 3 were grabbed before I was done looking around! This swatched nice so far... I'm excited to use it. It's maybe the most expensive palette I have for what it is... but it's a nice everyday palette and it looks great. So I was happy to get that! If you're bummed that you can't find it online- check your free-standing sephoras or Sephora inside JC Penny Locations and make sure to put it in a basket before anyone can grab it!

And from the Ulta Sale I got the It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara... which I loveeee! Urban Decay Backtalk... which is a great color for me... they DEFINITELY improved their matte formula with these- they're just soo good. I loved the Revolution Lipsticks- but I think the Vice ones are probably even better. And I got the Tarte Make Believe In Yourself Eye Palette... which just makes me feel like a Princess!

And I swatched the Lorac Pirates of The Caribbean stuff... I wasn't super impressed. I didn't try the lipsticks at all. The cheek palette was really nice and I was considering buying that... but since I wanted the Make Believe In Yourself Palette I didn't because the highlight I swatched in that was similar to the highlight I liked most in the Pirates palette... so that is why I decided not to get the Pirates Cheek palette.

And the Pirates palette was just... disappointing. Knowing Lorac's formula in other shadows... this one just let me down. I think if you really want a Pirate-y look... buy the Unzipped Gold or even the Lorac Pro. They have a lot of great really metallic colors... they could have done a great jewel toned palette... which is what I hoped for... there's just a lot they could have done and they didn't and that just makes me sad.

There's my little Haul/ what I didn't buy but still think it's good and what I think just pass on completely.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments