Dupes for Stila's Kitten

So I don't usually do these dupe types of posts... but pretty much every eyeshadow palette I have has some sort of dupe for the very popular shadow from Stila called "Kitten." And there are many drugstore options, theres a lot. This shadow has been around for a while... there are lots of dupes, I'm sure there are many blogs and youtube videos dedicated to this... it is

I'll start off with the drugstore options... because I feel like my favorite option is actually from the drugstore.

First off is the lightest shade in the Rimmel Glameyes HD 5-pan shadow thingys is a great dupe. It isn't as soft and pigmented, these shadows are pretty hard... which can make it less pigmented but also easier to blend and control. These aren't bad to work with though, its actually one of my favorite drugstore eyeshadows and you can get a look very similar to a lot of looks from the Stila in the light palette or the Naked palettes with these colors.

A really great single shadow that is probably the most affordable dupe is the Milani Bella Eyes Shadow in Bella Champagne. This is a really pigmented color that is an exact dupe for the color of it at least. I love using this shadow as a cheek highlight, its also beautiful on the lids. These are easy to work with, no fallout (Kitten has a little fallout... but not bad.) I guess it isn't as pigmented as kitten but it is pretty much the same.

My favorite shadow, that I think I actually like more than any of these options is the L'oreal Infallible shadow in Iced Mocha. This feels the most high end to me. These shadows are incredibly pigmented, very long lasting and I just really really like it. I need to use this more because I have not used it in a minute and it is probably my favorite suggestion of the bunch that I'm recommending.

For a middle end type of option, in the Coastal Scents Revealed palette, the third shadow in the top row is pretty darn similar. Again it is a little harder than the Stila shadow... thats sort of a personal preference type of thing. Coastal Scents is also a cruelty free brand, Stila is not a cruelty free brand, so you might want to try this if you are more into cruelty free options. This palette you can only buy online, it goes on sale often, but its usaully pretty expensive to ship, so that is one drawback. This is a $19.95 palette regularly, and it has 20 eyeshadows that are all pretty much exact dupes for the first 2 Naked Palettes as well. This is a great palette I need to use a little more.

Speaking of the Naked Palettes, Urban Decay's Sin, which is in the Naked (or Naked 2... not sure) palette I think is also very similar in color and in formula to Kitten. Kitten is a little softer, I feel like Sin might last a little longer because Urban Decay's shadows are very long lasting. So if you have one of the Naked palettes, you don't really need Stilla's kitten. I believe there is a similar shimmery highlight color in the Naked palette that doesn't have Sin... so there is probably another dupe out there too.

Next is in another Palette, the Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette! The color Marzipan is very similar in color and in formula. I'd say it isn't quite as soft but it isn't super hard either. Its like the perfect consistency. I love these Too Faced Chocolate Shadows. I was wearing this color once when I was at my friends house. My friend is also obsessed with Make Up and love's Stila's Kitten and always can tell when I wear it. When she saw my eyeshadow she said "Oh is that Stila's Kitten." Which really says something when an expert on the shadow thinks its the same! Lol. I need to use this palette more too, I feel like I got in a rut with it, so I stopped using it for a while... but I think I'll pick it back up!

That is pretty much it but there are some other shadows I want to mention. Beige and Rose in the Lorac Pro 2 palette are similar to these also. They aren't spot on dupes, but the Lorac shadows are really similar in formula to the Stila eyeshadows. If you like the Stila Kitten formula, you'll like the Lorac formula. There is also a color in the Tarte Bon Voyage palette called Chantilly Lace I believe. It doesn't look as shimmery in the palette as it is on the eyes. It does look quite a bit similar. Its the first shadow in the third row. Its not exactly the same... but you can get very similar looks from it.

So that is all. I like all of these shadows. I really like Stila's Kitten, but if you were to ask me which shade feels the most high end, I'd probably say the L'oreal shadow. The formula of the Stila eyeshadow is one of the best in my opinion... but these all feel a little different and look quite the same. I'm not really trying to recommend one over the other, just point out these are all almost identical shades, so if you were watching a tutorial or something for Stila's Kitten, or for any of these other shades... you can just use any of these that are in your collection.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments