Lust List: Things I want to try- January 2014

So this post I've done before, and I always say I hate doing these because they make me want to buy stuff... but I do them anyway because I feel the need to say what I want. And I may try some new things and I may not... idk.

First off, I'm running a bit low on my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream and I'm not sure if buying a new one is something I want to do. I have a lot of foundations and BB Creams that I love, but this one I feel like is kind of a staple in my collection and I think my skin responds to it well and it always looks really good on my skin. It isn't a very full coverage and sometimes I get a bit oily from it... but I use the Rimmel Stay Matte primer with it, which helps it stay on and look better. I may buy another of these... I may branch out and try the Garnier BB Cream. I've heard thats really good... idk though I feel like this works really well and I shouldn't change up what works the best. I'm afraid that they're going to discontinue this, which I'm not happy about either. Lol.

Next, I've been reaching for my Tarte eyeshadows a lot lately, and I feel like the mattes are really nice and that kind of makes me want the new Tartelette palette. I don't need another palette at all right now... but its good quality and I use my Tarte palette quite often and I really love it. If theres a 20 % off everything Ulta coupon soon, I'll think about it. I'm also thinking a lot of the colors are probably similar to the Tarte palette I have, so I may not even bother... but if you guys are looking for something, I'd recommend that. Tarte has really good eyeshadows, I think they would be easy for beginners or people who don't like to spend a ton of time doing their make-up. I also love matte palettes. The It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Celebration is my all-time favorite. I used it again today and I just love it, so I'd recommend that one too. Lol.

I also sort of want to try a contour kit. I don't do much contouring, but I've got a large and round face that could use some shadows lol. Today I contoured a little bit with Benefit's Hoola and that worked well... but I almost want a kit just to see. Smashbox has a powder kit and a pencil kit out right now. Kat Von D has a new one out. There's one from Anastasia. I don't really know much about contouring or anything. I will likely skip on this... but at the same time, its something I'm a little interested in. I know some youtubers I've liked recently got the Smashbox ones. I've heard good things about the powders and nothing so far about the pencils... I'm a little more interested in the pencils cause I think a cream contour would be nice for my dry skin... but idk. I want to hear more people talk about it. Also idk if its too deep for my skintone or anything. I may just go to a sephora one day and be like "hey I'm kind of new to contouring but I want to try something really easy, and I have pretty dry skin." or something like that. Idk. Tarte has one too actually, maybe I should try that out... idk.

Also concealers... I am running low on my Physician's Formula Nude Wear and it isn't exactly the newest make up item I own and I think using the brush on it broke me out a little bit... and I like it but I'm not amazed. I'm apparently really harsh on concealer, mostly because I think even the drugstore concealers are expensive and they aren't even all that amazing. I don't like the Maybeline Lumi one... I haven't tried many others, but I'm just not sure what I like and not sure what I should buy. One day I may just buy a bunch from the drugstore and see what happens. I'll use like $20 and I'll just buy concealers and see what works and what doesn't. Idk. I'm not really sure how to do that.

Also I kind of want to try the L'oreal Infallible foundation... I hear it isn't great for dry skin, but its full coverage. My skin isn't really all that dry so I feel like I'd be able to get away with it. The only thing is that its expensive... but I'll go to Harmon and try to use as many coupons as I can and then get it. Lol. That usually works well.

Ohhh and the ELF Prism palette. I want to try the nude one so much... it looks amazing!

That is everything! Hope you guys find this useful!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments