Elf Collection!

Heyyy guys! I think I'm going to do a new thing where if I see myself getting a lot of things from one particular brand, I'll let you guys know what I think, that way you get some range of the line. Usually there aren't too too many things I've tried from other brands. I may try to alternate drugstore and high end, but I probably have more drugstore than high end... so yeah, that may end up uneven lol.

Elf is an interesting brand because it just means Eyes, Lips Face... and they have good products for all of those categories. Some of which are on par with high end brands. So thats cool.

Brushes+ Tools 

I'll start out with what I have the most of which is brushes... I have a ton of them because I got a set with their brushes because it was on sale for $4... which is insane. One brush usually costs about $3 so... thats a lot.

I have the Elf Professional Blush brush, which I have been using quite a lot lately and I've really been liking it. Its kind of small and angled. It deposits blush pretty well onto your face... sometimes a little too well, but its easy to sort of tap on your cheek and kind of rub around in a circle. That kind of gives it color but just enough to deposit it well and... it just looks really pretty. I like it.

The Elf Professional Total Face Brush. This is GIANT! Its so good for blending out blush or putting on powder.

The Professional Foundation brush. I use this with my Rimmel Bb cream and I like it for that... I haven't actually tried it with a foundation yet. I kind of prefer using my fingers, but this is still useful to me. I've used it with some of the Baked Highlighters and I think it does a surprisingly good job with that.

The Eyeshadow brush. I have 2 of these. These are awesome for really packing on eyeshadows, I also like putting my crease shades on with these because its very precise and not messy at all. Its short and kind of flat, so that is really cool. I'd say this is a must have.

Lip defining brush. I used this once... meh.

Concealer brush. I like this for concealers and primers. I also sometimes like to have just a little bit of a darker color in my outer v with another color and this is great for that type of precision.

Smudge eye sponge... meh. Its basically a sponge tip applicator.

Eyelash and brow wand. Its a spooly. It does its job.

Professional eyeliner brush- I think I've used this for my brows. I don't do gel eyeliner... so I haven't tried this that way.

Brow comb and brush. These are all the same. They're kinda useless and they kind of hurt but they work and tame brows and flyaways. If you want to unclump a lash this may hurt.

And 2 other brushes not in that set... didn't think I would get into this much detail with these, but I have something to say about everything...

The Professional Bronzing brush. This does the job, but not that well. All the other brushes I think are quite good at their job, this does like a $3 job and I don't think it would work with every bronzer. This is good for Blush and highlight too, but it is a little flimsy and... its not bad I just feel like there are probably way better things out there. Its not like the Nars Ita or Ida brush or anything. Its a $3 brush. lol.

And the Small Stipple Brush... this is awesome. I use it for blush and its great for blending cream products. This is a must have.

And for tools I have the eyelash curler. I think its weird to spend a lot of money on an eyelash curler cause they all kind of do the same thing... but I can kind of see how a higher end eyelash curler would probably work better than this $1 one. I still use it and it does the job, but I get pinched a lot in the process so... be careful. Lol. For me it does the job right now lol.

And i just got the make up remover pen... I'm a little meh about this. It removes make up, but I don't feel its necessary. I used to remove make up with the smudger sponge and a bit of eye make up remover. I feel like that maybe did a better job. This is fine but... idk that I needed it.

Eyes

I don't have a ton of their eye products... but these are kind of okay.

I have some of the eyeshadow duos that came in a kit for the holidays... and I got it on sale after the holidays... Its alright. These aren't the best or worst eyeshadows I've ever tried. I feel like they don't like to stay on my eyes. Theyre slightly chalky and not that pigmented... but they still work. I don't think I'd recommend these fully... but they're good enough for the price. I wouldn't give these as a gift really cause they aren't awesome... but its good. I haven't worn these a whole whole lot, but I've worn them enough to know how much I like them.

I also have an eyeshadow palette from them its the beauty book Class of 2014. I really like these shadows. They're super pigmented and soft but not too soft. They have some really crazy colors and some smokey colors. I haven't tried this out a whole lot either... I need to try these out more. Its hard for me to come up with looks for this. These are nice shades... I'm gonna have to wear these more. This would make a good gift if you stumble across one of these. It comes with a nice little guide too. so thats good. And a tiny mirror! Which always helps!

It also came with an eyeliner... but I didn't love it. I didn't put it on my eye cause I was a bit scared... but it rubbed off easily... its not for me.

I don't think I have any other eye things from them. I want to try their cream shadow things that everyone loves.

Lips 

So I have 3 lip products to talk about here!

I have 2 of the Matte Lip colors. I really like these. They have quite a few shades now, I have Tea Rose and Natural... or Neutral I forget... The first time I tried these I was like "wow this is super comfortable" and then recently I tried it again and I was like "wow these are not comfortable at all." I think using an EOS Balm underneath would help moisturize and keep the matte finish of the product. That must make them more comfortable. I just tried one on by itself and I applied it mostly from the sides... it isn't that uncomfortable actually. I did exfoliate and put on a Nivea Lip Butter recently though... that might have helped. These need a bit for comfort though... but they are good. I remember them being so comfortable though that I can't believe they arent that comfortable now. Lol. I like Tea Rose a little more than Natural... but both are good.

Also to exfoliate my lips I got the Elf Lip Exfoliator. I kind of love this. It looks like a lipstick made of sugar. Its a bit rough on the skin, but if you apply lightly and softly, it works great. It really helps smooth the lips and then put a balm over it. You shouldn't over-exfoliate... but its good to keep one of these around.

Face 

I think the Face products are my favorite.

The first blush I ever got was one of the Elf Baked Blushes. Its a really nice pink color that would look good on anyone. It breaks apart easily, but it hasn't shattered or gotten everywhere yet or anything. Its really shimmery though, which I kind of did not love at first, but once you use it more the shimmer goes away and it looks really nice.

Then I have the blush palette. I think its filled with 4 of their studio blushes. I'm not sure. These are incredibly soft and pigmented, it has a really nice mirror. There is even a sort of bronzy color so you can kind of multi-task with this. There's a dupe for Nars Orgasm in here too. There are 2 kind of matte/satiny blushes in this palette too. Its really good, I've been reaching for this a lot recently.

And the 3 baked highlighters. I really like all the colors. I think Blush Gems might be my favorite... but it costs $9 for the three of them... so yeah that is not a bad deal. Pink diamonds is also very pink, its a really nice blush topper. Moonlight pearls is a nice white color. I really dig these. If I had to say get one of these products, it would probably be this one. Definitely some really good ones.

Alrighty that is it. I really want to try their Prism palette too... I saw them at Old Navy and I really want to pick it up. I've seen so many great looks with it.

Byeee!
-Shannon





Comments