The Best Kit Ever Review: Sephora Inside JCPenny favorites Make Up Must Haves

This is the best kit that exists and I'm so happy I got it because... its such a great value, there are sooo many full size products that I wouldn't have tried otherwise and they work amazingly well.

So sephora usually releases their favorites kits during the holidays and sometimes they have different ones around Mothers day and stuff like that. Sephora Inside JcPenny also has similar kits, but sometimes they are smaller and more affordable. This is a lot like the Sephora Superstars kit that I think is like $75 dollars... definitely more than $50... I don't like to spend over like $50 (I did get the Naked 3 which is slightly over 50... but at the time it was only $52... I think its gone up since then... and the Tarte Bon Voyage Palette was $59 but I got it with a coupon so it was $48... so yeah.) on one make up thing, even if it is a kit... thats just kind of a personal philosophy thing for me, I don't have a job so I would feel ridiculous owning anything make up related that is that expensive... but yeah that isn't the point of what I'm trying to say lol. The point was this is similar to that sample kit, but this is not only more affordable, but it has more full size products, for $39! 

So this kit comes in a cute gold make up bag, which I really like because I've been keeping it in my purse with a few things. It also comes with a full size of the Smashbox BB Cream in Light, Nars Orgasm Blush, Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Liner, and Urban Decay's eyeshadow in Sin. It also has a mini size of Bite Beauty's Palomino and a mini Benefit They're Real mascara. I didn't know this had so many full sized items when I got it... so that was a fun surprise! Plus you can do a full face of make up with just these items... so thats cool. 

First off the Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream. This itself is $39... so this is the value of the full kit itself. I wasn't sure about this product because I've never tried Smashbox before... actually I used their liquid blush that my sister had, but other than that I hadn't tried anything from them. I didn't see the color of this BB Cream, so even though it was Light I thought it might be a bit dark. But I think this is absolutely amazing. As of right now, this is my favorite foundation type of product. It applies so flawlessly and it smooths over any pores and imperfections. I've been wearing one of the new Maybeline Primers that claims to be pore minimizing, so that may have helped it... but I think this BB Cream is also just perfects your face. Its kind of a Satin finish too, which I really like. Its not cakey, it isn't greasy looking. Its absolutely perfect, I'm surprised people don't talk about this more because it is amazing. I would have never tried it had it not been in this little kit, so I'm really happy about this because this is like a holy grail product for me now! 

The only downside is that it only comes in the shade light, which sucks. I have a lighter skintone, so that makes me happy... but if you have a darker skintone thats a bit of a problem. I would recommend getting this just because the formula is amazing. It does come in a variety of shades, so check that out! They have lighter shades too, which is nice. They have a good selection of shades for BB Creams! So many BB Creams only have a couple shades! I'm also curious about this being a "Camera ready" product because it does contain SPF... I want to use it for my Graduation, but I also want it to look good in photos. 

One thing I was really excited about was the Nars Orgasm blush... and I have to say this is the most beautiful blush I've ever tried. It applies really nicely, it lasts a long time. It isn't too dark. It has just the right amount of shimmer, it doesn't totally need a highlight, but it looks really good with a highlight. I really like it! The full size of this retails for like $30, and it was pretty much free with this kit... This is the perfect blush. I never would have tried any Nars products if I hadn't gotten this kit because I thought they were a little too luxe for me... but this is just PERFECT! I would love to try other Nars products... eventually lol. 

One thing I probably would have tried eventually is the Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner... this is definitely something I recommend especially for beginners. I'm just starting to use liquid eyeliners now. I've only really tried the Kat Von D Tattoo liner and the Jordana Fabuliner. This is definitely easier to use than both of those. Its waterproof also, but it isn't hard to remove. I think it will last through daily life, but it was easy to take off. Even just with water it isn't hard to take off. I really liked this. I feel like if I were to recommend one thing it would be this. As much as I love the other products I've mentioned, I feel like this is practical and more affordable to pick up on your own. I really like this. It is definitely worth checking out. This is $20 on its own. 

And the last full size product is Urban Decay's Sin. This is in one either the Naked or Naked 2 palette and a lot of people use it all the time. Its a really pigmented light champagne type of color. Its exactly like Stila's Kitten and Milani's Bella Champagne... so I have 2 other colors like it (technically 3... I have 2 of Stila's Kitten now...) And its just a nice everyday color. Urban Decay shadows seem to last the longest for me... so yeah. This is a good one! These are $18 on they're own. 

I love Bite Beauty Products... this lipstick is no exception. Its like a bright Barbie Pink! Its a bit much, but if you just do a light look with these colors from this kit it works great. It shows up on the lips exactly like it looks in the tube, its going to be a great summer color! I don't think they sell these particular minis on their own... I think they give these as point perks a lot and free with kits. I feel like if they did sell it on its own it would be $12... which is a lot cause this is a little lipstick, but in this kit its fine! 

And they also have the Benefit They're Real Mascara. I haven't opened this yet because I don't think I'm going to like it and I have a lot of other mascaras to try. I will give it a try, but right now I'm good on mascaras. This is $10 for the mini size... which this is mini size. 

So thats a $129 value for a $39 kit. Basically you're buying the BB Cream and getting a bunch of other free things. I'm sooo soo impressed with this kit. It is amazing. I actually think its a permanent product too because there were a bunch at my Sephora... so this is just a really really great kit. I'm really amazed by this. I am stunned by how much I really LOVE all of these products. I would definitely repurchase any of these if I were to run out. Yeah. This would make a great gift too if you're looking for a birthday gift or something for a make up fan. Its a really great way to experiment with high end make up and some high end brands you may not have tried otherwise. 

That is it for this little kit review. I have another kit that already has some products I like... it may be the second best kit ever, lol. I may review that tomorrow. So yeahhh. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 










Comments