Buzzfeed Beauty Article: Are these worth the hype?


Heyyy so I just saw a Buzzfeed Beauty article about best selling products and whether or not they're worth the hype... I figure I'll just tell you guys the items, what I think about it if I've tried it... if I haven't tried it why I haven't and just some other thoughts.

1) Maybeline Great Lash- I've never tried this. It is really affordable, so I've thought about it and in a pinch if I just wanted mascara for the best deal, I'd go for it... but I've heard mixed reviews and not great things about the original formula. I know that Lindsay and Megan Hughes on youtube love the lots of lashes version and they say that is their holy grail mascara. I know Emilynoel83 on youtube likes a different version and I believe I've heard from other people other versions are good. They had some fun colors a few years ago which was cool... but yeah. Never picked this up. I don't know if its necessarily "worth the hype" but I wouldn't doubt its a good formula for a good price. So its probably worth the price at least.

The results of the quiz, 75% say no 25% say holy grail. There are no other options... So who knows if this is right or wrong. 

2) Giorgio Armani luminous silk foundation 

It's $62... That's insane. I don't like to spend much more than. $50 on a single make up item cause really that is insane. I'm better off just not knowing if this is good or bad. Lol. There are good drugstore products and I prefer Bb creams to be honest...  So no. 

3) Nars Orgasm Blush- I feel bad saying it, but this is the best blush I've ever tried, and yes $30 is too expensive for a blush... But there are cheaper ways to get this. I only got it because there was a full size in a $39 sephora inside jcpenny gift set and it came with other full sized products I was interested in... And you can get a travel size of this. Plus this is like the best selling blush, of corse there are dupes for it! This is a really pretty universal color and it's so easy to apply it just works beautifully. This is probably the item I would recommend splurging on in this list. 

4) Urban Decay Primer Potion- I used this today actually! I really like this and I do use it a lot. It really does prolong the wear of eyeshadows and it isn't greasy. I used to love using Maybeline Color Tattoos, but I feel this works a little better. I only use the $12 travel size because I don't use much of it. I've been using the too faced shadow insurance in Candelight and champagne more recently and I like those for shimmery looks and they work well just as eyeshadow... So I like having the full size of those,but I reach for this really often as well. I just like using a primer better than not using one and this is my jam right now. I know Milani has one that's good too for the drugstore. I like this one a lot though, so I'm happy.

5) Mane n Tail- I don't need my hair to grow any faster, I've heard people rave about this though. It's $7 and it comes in a massive bottle... Idk. On buzzfeed only 19% say it is worth it... Idk. Lol.  

6) Biotin- wow this is $16 and it makes your nails and hair grow longer. Like I said I have no use for this, my hair is long and I just bite my nails anyway, so idk. I kind of doubt it, I'd rather just eat jello. They always say that's good for your hair and nails. Lol. 

7) Proactiv 3 Step System- Nope. I've never had super bad acne. I have a breakout now and I get breakouts from time to time... I'm a little old for this to work so idk. It always seemed gimmicky to me because they always showed beautiful celebrities that would appeal to the younger crowd,,, I'm sure even if these stars did use Proactiv... They probably just have better dermatologists and can afford better things that actually work. So yeah. 

8) St. Ives Apricot Scrub- I've never used the St. Ives brand, I have used the Target Up and Up that compares to the St. Ives and I loved that and would certainly try that again... I should actually buy that. But yeah, this is probably good, but the. Up and Up one was great also! 

9) Benetint- I've used High Beam and I liked that. I'd probably like this cause I like cream blushes. Idk if I'd $30 like it... I don't love the bright red color, but their other tints I'd try. My mom actually broke my sisters high beam because she kept it in the fridge because Martha Stewart says that helps your nail polish last longer... But I wouldn't do that... So yeah lol. 

10) Biore strips- I've tried these a long time ago... They probably worked I want to use them again. I've got a more blackheady nose... I should pick these up. 

11) Seche Vite- Yes! I like this, idk if it makes my nail polish last all that much longer, but it's good. 

12) Josie Maran's Pure Argan Oil- I'm not sure if the Tarte maricuja oil broke me out or not... I don't think it did... But I'm gonna pass on this. 

13) Foreo Luna Mini- I have no idea what the hell this is. Ohh it's a stupid plastic thing that you use on your face... It's $139... That is ridiculous. I'm not going to pay that much money when it probably costs like $2 to make and it probably breaks easily. Hell no! 

14) Glamglow Supermud- I've tried the Glamglow hydrating mask before and I didn't like it at first. Then I kind of liked it, then I thought it broke me out... Then I used it the other day and it cleared some break outs.  I wouldn't buy a full size cause it's $69 and I only use it once a week if that and I don't use it when I have my period... So it would probably dry out soon. This $20 one has lasted me since October, I think I have one more use from it... So yeah. Good, not great. 

15) Urban Decay Naked 3- I love this and I'm really happy I have one of the Naked Palettes... This isn't my favorite or my most reached for, but I really enjoy it and I've used it a bunch and it doesn't even look like I've used it at all. This is also when I realized I liked spending my money on palettes. They make me happy and it's an investment really cause they are great shadows. If you want or get a similar quality for a better price, get the Revealed Palette. The original revealed palette which has dupes of Naked 1 &2. The Revealed 2 is a dupe for Naked 3. I'm happy having one palette and a nice palette with dupes of the others. 

16) The Beauty Blender- Wtf? It's a $20 sponge? This is stupid. I have bought dupes of this and I like it, but I feel stupid spending like $4 on a sponge...So no.

17) Clarisonic- I hear this works until it doesn't. I think most people that say they like this are affiliated with the company... A lot of dermatologists don't approve of this so I wouldn't splurge.. Meh. I've thought about it but no. 

18) Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask-  I've used this once I think. It was my roommates. I liked it. I would buy it, I kind of love my Freeman masks though. This is really affordable too, so it's good. 

19) Shu Uemura eyelash curler- nahhh. I have long eyelashes, I can get away with $1 elf ones. I know there's a difference between more expensive curlers... I'm more likely to buy the Tarte eyelash curler because it usually comes with a sample of their mascara, which I love! So yeah. 

20) A $200 moisturizer, a $41 highlighter from YSL, an $89 chi straightener- Nope. I wouldn't mind paying more for a moisturizer if it really worked, but not $200. I'm sure there is something better. The YSL touch éclat highlighter looks good, but it's $41 I'm fine never trying it. And I don't straight or heat style my hair so no. 

21) Maybeline Babylips- I love these. They aren't the most moisturizing, but they aren't drying. They aren't the most pigmented, but they're pigmented. They're cute and easy to use. Plus there was a time I pretty much only used these instead of any other lip product cause these are great. If you're a commuter at school and you have an acting class, these are your best bet. 

22) ponds cold cream cleanser- Never tried. It's $7... Maybe I will 

23) Bareminerals powder foundation- this would probably look dry and cakey as a foundation on me, but I hear their well rested powder is great for under eyes. 

24) Tweezerman Tweezers-  I have plenty of good affordable tweezers... I think I've tried Tweezerman before and it is better, so I might get it. They also sharpen it for free I've heard. Tweezerman is a pretty good brand, I wouldn't unrecommend this because I at least use tweezers quite often. 

25) Covergirl's Lip Perfection Lipstick- this is probably my least favorite lip product. I have one red color and it's nice and pigmented, but it feathers so much. I think a lip liner and a lip brush would help, but nahhh. 

Comments