Winter Essentials!

So its that time of year again! We're all freezing, skin is dry, lips are chapped, my hands always feel like corpses basically... its not cute. So here are my winter essentials.

LIPS! 

First you need lots of lip balm... I just tried the Lypsyl lip balm a few days ago, and I can already say these are really hydrating, you don't need to reapply a lot for them... these are my #1 recommendation to use before doing the rest of your lip make up... these are good.

I also got the Elf Lip exfoliator recently... and I liked it, but I can't find it anywhere right now, so I've only used it a few times, so I can't say for sure how well it worked, but I did use it before putting on a matte lipstick I believe and I really did like the way that felt.

I also kind of like to use creamier balms before going to bed, so like the Nivea Lip Butters in the Caramel Kiss and Macadamia Nut flavors. The Vaseline Lip therapy balms are great also, I have the creme brulee balm and it is awesome.

I also like Chapstick and Revo... mostly for the flavors lol. They're quite moisturizing though and Burts Bee's is always a good one.

Again if I put on Lypsyl I don't always feel the need to reapply that often... but I still like to from time to time.

SKIN! 

I like Freeman Masks for skin care. The Charcoal mask is good for clearing skin, it might be a bit harsh for sensitive skin... if it is too harsh try the Origins version maybe... they have a small size for $15 that will probably last you over a month at least, or they have a $25 one that will get you through the winter. I also like the brightening grain mask from origins, that adds moisture and luminosity.

Glamglow also has moisturizing masks... but I don't like it as much. I felt immediate results from the freeman mask and it took a few weeks for me to like the glamglow. The hydrating mask in the blue container is the one I'm talking about... I wouldn't buy the full size because $70 is absolutely ridiculous. I also think it broke me out when I used it during "that time of the month." So be careful with this.

The Tarte Maricuja oil is another product I've been liking. Its a good moisturizer, I have a small size I use before bed and I've had it for a while. This is something I also don't like using during that time of the month... I kind of prefer oils to a regular moisturizer. I think it works a little better, although it may not be the best if you have oily skin, since it tends to break me out when my skin is more oily.

I also really like the Avon nourishing cleansing milk... which I always forget to talk about! This is like a lotiony make up remover... which isn't the best for eye make up... but it works. I usually put it on a tissue and kind of rub it around the tissue and then take my eye make up off that way so that it doesn't sting. It hydrates really well though and I like it.

Again it is a weird product because it says to keep out of your eyes, but that it removes even waterproof eye make up... so thats odd lol. It hydrates well though.

BODY! 

I like using a shaving cream instead of a gel during the winter time. Skintimate makes a good one, EOS has one that works well. The best one is from True Blue Spa, which is Bath and Body works shaving cream... but its expensive. I notice a huge difference when I stop using the True Blue and then switch back to it, its so much better for my skin... but any shaving cream is good.

I also like Vaseline for body lotion. The newest one I believe is in a white bottle and its unscented and I think that works the best on my legs. I've tried the Aloe and that works really well too. I really like these and I think they work the best.

I also love a good body butter. I've been liking Bath and Body Works Body Butters lately. They have really good scents and they help moisturize really well. I like their Triple Moisture body creams also.

And Pacifica Body Butters are really good also. I haven't used mine as much, but they smell and feel really good.

Hands and feet 

For my hands I love the Gold Bond's Ultimate Healing balm in the little hand tube. I think the refreshing aloe is all they have in that tube... I love the way that this smells. It works really good too, but it just smells really nice and refreshing. They have lotion that works really well too, but I didn't like the packaging because it had a pump and it was wayyy too thick so it got stuck. This is great for hands and just really good overall.

I also like Cococare's cocoa butter cream in the little yellow tubes. These were on sale at Harmon for like 88 cents and my mom got a bunch and she gave a lot away and now we can't find them at Harmon anymore. I saw Wallgreens had these in bigger tubes, smaller tubes and tubs. I like the small tubes for my purse, these are awesome.

Udder Cream is really good too. Haven't used it in a while, and it smells but it works really well.

And I like Bath and Body Works of corse, I love pretty much everything from Bath and Body works and these are great. I have some Crisp Morning Air's from fall and the semi annual sale and the Black Cherry Merlot is really good. Also the foaming hand soap from Bath and Body works is good.

And Foot works from avon has a lot of amazing things. I feel like I've tried almost everything in the line in all the scents and I like it all. The lavender scent is my favorite. They have good deodorants too, which always help because wearing boots and slippers can make feet stinky. Its all really good.

FASHION 

Scarves! If you're visiting New York, I recommend Bryant Park for scarf shopping. I have a really good cashmere scarf that has lasted me since I was 16 (I'm 23 now FYI) and its still soft and warm and in good shape. My other favorites are homemade from my grandmother... which are really the best gifts. No one else has these scarves and they're just really pretty and cute. Local shops are probably the best places to get scarves at because I feel they last better and are usually made with better things. I don't remember how much my scarf from Bryant Park was... but it could not have been much cause I bought it when I was in high school and had no money. Lol.

Long cardigans are something I like pretty much all year, but in the winter they're so cozy and cute. They're pretty much my best friends... I just love them. Sweaters in general are awesome lol.

I also got this fleece from American Eagle, which I showed in my giant haul that is sooo cozy and comfy. I was wearing it yesterday and it was seriously hot in there! These are probably still available in their store for clearance right now... they're kind of ugly but I think they're cute and really warm.

I also recommend buying men's hoodies from American Eagle because they are usually warmer than the womans... Aerie also had amazingly soft hoodies last year. I didn't notice any this year but I could be wrong.

And Beanies of corse. Because they're warm and bad-hair day proof.

Make Up 

I recommend BB Creams instead of foundation. Olay Fresh Effects is really hydrating and it doesn't have amazing coverage, but it makes your skin look good. For better coverage I like The Smashbox Photo Ready BB Cream... thats probably better for dry skin and its really good for blurring pores and imperfections. And the Rimmel Radiant BB Cream I tried recently and I liked... but I didn't feel that radiant in it lol. I'm not sure about it and I've been reaching for the Smashbox one more.

I also like using primers like the Rimmel Stay Matte with the Olay Fresh Effects... this is really the only way I like this primer and I feel it works really well with this bb cream. And the new Maybeline Face Studio illuminate primer is really good too.

Benefit's Dandelion is a good blush for the winter to just give a little glow to the cheeks.

Elf has amazing highlighters for $3 each, I really like all the colors.

Nyx Dewey Finish Setting spray is good to give a more luminous finish.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eye Primers really work well for making eyeshadow last longer, especially cause eyes might be more watery in the winter, I think its good to have a primer. Waterproof Mascara I think is good for that also, the new Rimmel Wonderlash is good for that. I've just reviewed that recently.

Also cream products are good for winter. Maybeline Master Glaze, Benefit Watts Up... all good.

So that is it! This is a late post cause I forgot to hit upload... oops! Hope you like it anyway lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon





Comments