Splurge or Save: Elf Blush Palette or Nars Orgasm Blush.

So recently on my huge December 26th shopping trip I got two different blushes that look quite similar in the pan. Obviously by the title you can tell one is the very expensive Nars orgasm and one is a more affordable blush in a blush palette from ELF. The color I'm specifically mentioning is on the bottom right of the palette and it is the light version of the palette.

These are both a little different. I wouldn't say this is a spot on dupe, If you just see the ELF palette on its own knowing what Nars orgasm looks like, you might not even say "ohhh this is a dupe" but it does give you the same kind of look on your face. Both blushes are shimmery dark peach colors, but I don't think you would be able to wear one blush on one cheek and the other on the other cheek because they are really different. The ELF blush is actually much darker than the Nars blush swatched... and they do look quite similar in the pan... so I think the ELF blush swatches a little more pigmented.

That being said, I think the Nars Orgasm blush looks better on the face because its not as strong, it applies super easily and it is very blendable. If someone were to ask me my favorite blush, I would have to say the Nars Orgasm... even though I haven't used it very long... its just so amazingly pigmented and it applies so well and it gives a beautiful golden peachy look. I think this would look good on any skin tone and its really just a nice blush overall... that being said, I think the blushes in the ELF Blush palette are a close second. They're very soft, pigmented... I think these shades would also look good on all different skintones and these are just nice.

I like the softness of the Elf blushes a lot, but at the same time, I kind of think it might be too soft to the point wear it applies a little too pigmented on my skin. If you aren't careful with it, you can really look like a clown. Its easy enough to blend away, but you know... its something to take into consideration.

One thing I like about both of these is the Packaging. The Nars package is nice, compact. Its square so it can fit in a lot of make up storage more easily than a round container has. And it has a little mirror on it too! The Elf Blush palette is kind of similar. Its a little bigger obviously because it comes with 4 shades there is a bigger mirror so thats easy to apply. Each of the blushes also pops out, so I guess if you wanted to keep it in a Z palette or if you need to replace it or anything its easy to do. Its kind of fun to play with too, not gonna lie.

So would I splurge or would I save? I'm happy I did both lol. If you really want the Nars Orgasm blush and you've been thinking of getting it for a while, go for it. It is amazing, I didn't know I would like it as much as I do... but I really really love it. If you just kind of want to experiment with some different color blushes and you don't care about a brand name or if the formula is just a smidge better, go for the Elf palette! I really do like the Nars blush better by like a smidge, so these are my second favorite blushes ever. If it hadn't been for that kit in Sephora I bought with the Nars Palette, I wouldn't have purchased it, and life would be the same. I definitely knew i wanted the Elf palette though... so yeah I think I'd definitely still have bought that no matter what. And the Nars blush isn't ridiculously expensive, I think you can buy a small size with the blush and the Laguna bronzer for like $20 at sephora... not terrible. If it was like $40 I'd say hell no lol. But again, if you want it I know what it feels like and it is worth the splurge. And if you don't want the splurge, definitely try the Elf blushes because these are also amazing!

Hope this helped somewhat even though I basically compared 2 really different blushes and told you they are both good... lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments