Thrifty Thursday: Elf Beautifully Bare Neutral Glow Face Palette

These face palettes are some of my favorite things from Elf... and this Total face palette is no exception! The bronzer is nice and neutral but still gives a little somethin' somethin' to the face. The blushes are very pretty and give such a nice glow... and the highlight is a little bit more "strobe-y" than the Illuminating palette, but it's still neutral enough that if you like the highlights in those palettes, you'll like the highlight in this palette.

What I like about this palette is that it isn't like the colors are just repeats from their other face palettes thrown together for this collection. The highlight feels like its a bit of a different formula, the blushes are a little more subtle and glow-y than the other blush palette I have. I don't have the dark blush palette, but these are very light colors, so they are different. I don't have the bronzer palettes either... but this looks different to me also. Those are a little bit more pigmented and this is definitely a subtle bronze.

This is a little more expensive than the other face palettes that they have... and I don't totally think it's the best out of all of them... it might be my favorite... but it is more subtle than it is pigmented... and it's like really? For $2 less I could have something with better pigmentation? But it's got better looking packaging... it doesn't necessarily mean better packaging... lol. If you drop this on the floor it won't shatter, but the colors will fall out of the pan... that happened with my highlight from this palette... and I'm pretty sure the same thing happened in one of the other palettes. So it's not like it's better quality it just looks a lot prettier... so it isn't really $2 better. Lol.

I think it's a great summer face palette. I got this in December, so I haven't really used it in it's intended season yet... but I think with summery eye makeup this would be good. Also a lot of people like light looks for summer as far as face makeup goes... this is a great palette for some nice, light summer looks. It's not the greatest thing to travel with because the packaging isn't fantastic... but it is easy to travel with, so if you're going on a vacation somewhere hot, this would be nice.

This is also just easy to reach for because you get every face powder product in one and it's kind of fool proof... so if you're getting ready in a hurry... grab this. A Lot of times I've done that with this and things like the Makeup Revolution Blush palettes... which are in a similar price range... and I think some of the blushes in those palettes are more pigmented and the highlights are pretty good... but the Highlight and blushes in this Elf palette are a little bit better... so I would still recommend this over the Makeup Revolution blush palettes.

If you have the other palettes do you need this one? It is different enough that I think if you're looking for a full face palette that's good for everyday where this would be good. If you want something for the summer- I would say go with this... and if you just want to try something a little different that's inexpensive this is good. It's not the best thing you'll find at the drugstore for the face... that would be if they had a palette with Milani Luminoso and Berry Amore with Wet n Wild Boozy Brunch and the Physician's Formula Butter Bronzer... that would be fantastic... but they don't have that... so yeah. Maybe covergirl Soft Mink too for good measure. THAT would be a great face palette... I kind of want to make that a face palette! That sounds fantastic!

Anyway... it's a good product... not my favorite. I think I'll use it more in the summer. I would totally recommend it because it is good, especially for the price... but it's just not really something I think I needed... but it's nice to have! I'll have to use it more... maybe use it up, these elf palettes don't have all that much product in them... so it isn't impossible.

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments