Why I Didn't Shop The Sephora VIB Sale

Every year Sephora does a coupon for all of their Beauty Insiders, VIBs and VIB Rouge Members. Usually Beauty Insiders get 10% off and VIB and VIB Rouge members get 20% off. There have been other sales in the year where VIBs have gotten 15% off- but the November sale has always been 20% off... but this year it got downgraded to 15%.

So first off- I didn't really need anything from the sale. I usually just shop the 20% off for the things that I want as I usually don't run out of the things that I need from Sephora around that time- so I use the 20% off to treat myself to things that I want. I also use the 20% off to get gifts for my friends a lot of times... but I didn't do that this year- I'll probably get my friends gifts from Ulta this year as they usually give several 20% off coupons and I've seen they have some good sets there... so I will probably shop there for my friends presents. There are definitely some things I can see buying and breaking apart for them and maybe adding some other good gifts too.

The other thing that convinced me not to shop the sale is that I feel like they don't value me as a customer. Plain and simple- if they don't want my money- they don't really need it. Other stores do and they don't downgrade the discounts that I feel I've earned... so that's that.

Also- here's a secret- Sephora wants you to buy the holiday collections because usually after the holidays they'll get marked down and it's usually more than 20% off... so if you can wait- there might be more of a discount. A lot of these also go to discount stores after the holidays... so that might be an even better way to get a discount.

I wanted to recommend getting something if you wanted to buy something small, or something that you ran out of. There are a lot of youtuber and social media collabs available at Sephora right now. I just got the Sugar In The City collab with Ingrid Nielson... Huda Beauty and Manny MUA also have makeup lines out and Jackie Aina and Carli Bybel have collabs with Anastasia Beverly Hills.

And I'll still probably shop at sephora... I'm only 11 or 12 dollars away from VIB this year so... I'll buy something else... but I'd rather wait till I have Christmas Money or something and get the things I want then than shop at a time that's not super great for me on things I don't really need... so yeah.

Hope this was helpful for you guys!
BYE!
-Shannon

Comments