MOTD Monday: Day Off Makeup for Lunch Date to Date Night

So today I had another day off... which is great and I am going to have lunch with my mom and grandmother and then later I'm going out to dinner with my boyfriend... so I want something that will kind of last and look good until then! 

Here's what I used!


Revlon Prime Plus Perfecting and Smoothing Primer-
I feel like I used a little bit too much of this today for some reason... but it's just such a good primer. I feel like it does give a nice base for my skin and foundation just goes well on top of it. 

Revlon Colorstay 24 hour foundation- I got this because this is one of those drugstore staples that I've just never tried and it was on sale for buy two get one free at Ulta so I decided to pick up that primer I mentioned above and this when I was buying another primer. This isn't the best for dry skin, but you can really make it work. Basically if you have dry skin and a foundation looks too dry on you... blending sponges do wonders and this one from Real Techniques did a great job. I was going to use the L'oreal Age Perfect foundation- but I think this one will actually last a little bit better. 

Wet n Wild Hello Halo Blush and Highlight Duo in After Sex Glow- I believe I've heard they changed the name of this to be less Risque... which is good because I think this is a great beginner makeup item and I don't really think young girls just trying makeup really need to use a shade called After Sex Glow. It doesn't matter that much- at the end of the day it's just makeup. Stuff like that just made me giggle as a kid... but it's not for everyone lol. I really love how this looks though. The blush and highlight do give a really really nice glow to the skin- you almost don't need the highlight because the blush is so glowy but... you definitely want to use that highlight too! 

Nars Smudgeproof Tinted Primer- I've talked about this a lot but this just works the best for me. I have watery eyes and this helps keep eyeshadow on them. 

Natasha Denona Bronze Palette- I hadn't used this in a while and actually I was planning on grabbing one of my Huda Beauty palettes but then I saw this and was like "Ohh... let's try that!" So I think I've done a MOTD Monday on this before... but I thought I'd do an updated look now. 


So first I went in the crease with Suntan and then I went all over the lid with the shade gloaming. I darkened the crease and outer corner with Magma and then used Silk on the inner corner to highlight! 

Tarte Maneater Mascara- I've mentioned this last week... I feel like maybe this doesn't work quite as well as it used to because I keep this in my handbag so often and it is really cold in New Jersey so... maybe that doesn't help the life of my mascaras... but I have been using this for a while so... maybe it's almost done too... but this is still a good mascara and I do like how my eyelashes look. 

Colourpop Lippie Sticks in Cami- I love this shade.I think I might have had it before but it came in a set of lippie sticks I just got recently and it's nice. I wanted something kind of purpley and nothing I picked up looked the way it looks in the tube... so I had some issues. 

The Look 





These pictures were all taken at my grandmothers house... about 1 hour after I first applied the makeup. The next set of pictures were taken like 4 hours later- before going out with my boyfriend. I think I just need to put my lipstick on again and I'm good. 



I like that this look doesn't have all that many products with it. I didn't see how much time it took me... but this was probably a longer look than yesterday's look. Actually let me check how much of the video I was watching I got through cause that's how I judge... This took about 13 minutes... plus some time that I paused the video to grab different products and to wet the sponge. So maybe 15 minutes tops this look would be... not bad. 

Alright I hope you guys like this post! Let me know what you think and... I'll see you soon! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments