Motd Monday- A Quick, Easy Look For Work+ My Thoughts on The Products

 Okay... I think I'm going to restructure these MOTD Monday blogs a little to focus a little less on the look itself and more on the products. I'm not a makeup artist or a photographer- So I feel like posting something like this will not only help these posts be a little easier and more enjoyable for me... but it might be a bit more useful overall too. These might be longer posts... but they might be easier to do. 

Alright- so today I am waking up early JUST to post this and do my makeup for work... So I need to use some quick and simple products so that I can get a few more things done before I go to work! Fingers Crossed I can get this all done so I can make some coffee before going in! 

2 days later... 

Yeah... that didn't happen... so it's Wednesday now and it's my day off! I will be posting this on... the monday after I did this so... yeah. Anyway this look took me about 11 minutes- so it was still pretty quick but... I just didn't wake up in time to do my makeup the 2 days. Anyway here's what I did and what I used. 

The Products 



Revlon Photoready Prime Plus Pefecting and Smoothing primer- This is a nice primer... pretty standard but it feels pretty nice going on the skin and I think Foundation sticks to it well. I'm not really going anywhere today and I did this look late in the day... so I might not really have much of a late night check in... but this is a good one. 

Nars All Day Luminous Foundation- This is a great foundation! For some reason I thought I was almost done with it and I wanted to finish it up... but I still have quite a bit left. I don't know that I would repurchase this however because the shade is a little bit off for me. The lighter shade is too light and the darker shade is too dark. I used a brush to apply this and I only put on a little at a time... it might look a little uneven but I think it's fine. Lol. I should have probably used a sponge but... sometimes I just don't want to go to the bathroom and wet a sponge. 

Makeup By Mario Eye Prep and Set- So this is great because it comes with a creamy corrector, a creamy concealer and a setting powder. I use the corrector side first, then the concealer and then a powder. I use this with my RT Go Brush from real techniques also- the little side works sooo soo well for undereye concealer and then I used it for the powder also. 

Ciate London Miss Piggy Collection Cream Blush Palette- I'm a big fan of The Muppets and Miss Piggy is one of my favorite muppets! I didn't know this was cream blush when I ordered it... but this is maybe my favorite cream blush formula! It actually feels like its kind of cream to powder and it's nice and pigmented and easy to build up and blend... but I think it actually stays on the lid too. It's pretty great! I used the shade on the bottom left! 



Charlotte Tilbury Film Star Sculpting Duo Mini- I actually forgot about this before I used the blush and I could have just used the highlight side of this as my highlighter... but I figured since it was out and easy enough to use the bronzing side- I might as well use that too. I used it with a tapered fluffy bronzer brush that I think I bought from Wet n Wild before their website totally screwed me over... and it worked well! Lol. So yeah I used that and then the highlighter side and I really like it! Do you need to splurge on Charlotte Tilbury to get this look? No... but honestly this mini sized one was only $28 and sometimes bronzers and highlighters are expensive at the drugstore anyway... so it might be about the same cost to get similar products from the drugstore. 

Nars Smudgeproof Primer Tinted Primer- This one is a little harder to get than the regular smudgeproof primer... but its a little better... so it's worth ordering off of Nars' website. I would definitely repurchase this one... it's expensive but if you have watery eyes or you're work has you moving a lot... this works better. If you don't have a problem with eyeshadow sticking to your eyes... the Milani Eyeshadow primer or the Elf Putty Primers work well too! 

Makeup By Mario Glam Eyeshadow Quad in Rosy Glam- These are really good eyeshadows! The metallics are good- the matte shade blends in easily and I just like the look I get with this. Plus it's easy because it's such a small palette. I blended the matte color in the crease, then used the silver shimmer all over the lid... and then I used the purple shade in the outer corner and decided to use the rosy color kind of on the inner third of the eye... without covering too much of that silver shade. I think I did a better job on one eye than the other lol. 

Tarte Maneater Mascara- I feel like when I first opened this it was great... but now it's not quite as good. I immediately liked it better than the big ego... but now I'm not sure it works as well. 

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lipstick in Times Square- It's funny because I keep buying big sets of Colourpop products and i keep only using the same shades from them... So I think I'm just going to not buy lipstick sets in the future and just pick out the ones I'll actually use. But I do eventually want to use all of these and find out which ones work. 

I also powdered a little more with that powder from the concealer palette and I put a matte brown shade in my brows and combed through them... but that's about everything. 

The Look and My Thoughts 




Overall I like the look a lot. I feel like my skin looks a little dry... this foundation does not usually do that... so I think it might be my skin and the fact that I used a brush to apply it instead of a sponge... it might have looked a little better with a sponge. 

The blush is really nice... it's kind of subtle for it being such a bright shade and it just works really well. The lipstick looks wayyy darker on me than it does in the tube... and I love the color but I'm not sure if this is what I'd love in the look. 

My eye makeup looks okay. I feel like I should have put the silver shade just on the inner third of my lid instead of all over the eye... but I thought I was only going to use 3 colors and I decided to use that rosy color too so... yeah. It maybe wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. 

My under eyes... still look dark but they do look a little better and more awake. 

The Film Star sculpting duo was really nice. And in the pictures... the Mascara actually looks pretty good so it's not all bad. 

Okay... that is everything. I hope you guys like this look... I'm not quite sure I'll keep this format up... I might have a check in  for how everything lasted from this look in next weeks post... but yeah. We'll see how this works... it was a little easier to write and break down this way... so I think I'll stick with it... but that's it for today! Hope you like it and I'll see you tomorrow with some sort of post! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments