5 Easy Ways to Make an Outfit More Holiday Themed

So this is something I thought would be a sort of fun blog post... I've been trying to make my outfits as Christmas-y. I work in retail and a lot of my customers have complimented my christmas-y or holiday themed outfits... so I've just kind of kept on going with it through the season and I think I'll keep up with it the rest of the season too.

1) Holiday Earrings 

I got a few pairs of $3 earrings from Big Lots. One pair with a wreath and a bell, one with jingle bells, and one with bows. These are adorable and festive and I just really like them. I get a lot of compliments on these and they're just really a lot of fun.

I have some Baubebar jewelry too. I have a pair that's got a gold ball with gold beads hanging down... and some red fringe-looking earrings that are sort of in a christmas tree shape. And I have a sparkly pair too. I'm sure I'll show them sometime during the holiday season... I've misplaced them now though.
I've been wearing a messy scarf lately... so there was some red fuzz stuck in these... I cleaned it! 

2) Bows 

I think having an oversized bow in your hair to pull it back makes a difference in making your outfit a little cuter and more holiday looking. It looks super cute in pictures too!

3) Sparkly Silver and Gold 

Silver and Gold is not only my favorite song from Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer- but also a really nice way to spice up an outfit for the holiday season! Really any time of year- but I think especially around the holidays it just looks great. Tomorrow I'm going to post a holiday OOTD- so you'll see the necklace that kind of sparked this idea in that post.

Or even just anything sparkly. Everyone loves sparkles around the holidays... and all year long really... so this just seems like a good idea to me.

4) Lots of Red 

I love wearing red during the holiday season... it just looks really nice. You don't need to go all out with red and green or Christmas Sweaters every day... but I think some red can really add to an outfit. Right now I have a red sweater, red leggings and I'm using a red scarf and a red handbag. It just kind of makes an instant difference to making you think "ohh this person is ready for christmas!"

5) The Cheesy Stuff 

If you are working in retail- I totally recommend doing the over the top christmas decorations because it just puts people in a good mood. Elf hats, Holiday Headbands, Light Necklaces any sort of Christmas Sweater or anything... it just makes people happy which will in turn make you happy because they'll be extra nice and appreciative and patient. It's just a fun time for this... so you might as well be over the top and cheesy!
Here I am at work... I blocked out some stuff that maybe showed the logo or something I didn't need posted on the internet. 

That is everything! I hope you guys like this! I thought this was a fun post... and I liked making this!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments