Random Review: NYX Wicked Dreams Palette

Heyyyy guys! So I have a lot of stuff that I haven't really talked about on this blog that I want to review. This is basically me shopping my stash and then writing a review on that thing because I can't always buy new things... so yeah.

Pros 

Variety of shades- This has 24 eyeshadows in it! That's a lot! There are lots of nudes and browns and a lot of colors. If you're looking for some shadow variety, this is a good palette for you.

Lots of looks you can come up with- Again, there are tons of shades so you can get tons of looks. Just an everyday look to a bit of a deeper more colorful look.

Good mix of mattes, satins and shimmers- It isn't like a bunch of the same finish! There are some great matte browns for the crease, a lot of nice colorful shimmers and some good satins that are in between the two!

Good for travel- It's nice and compact for a palette with 24 shades. It closes more securely than any high end palette I have actually, and it has a big ass mirror on the inside! Can't get much more travel friendly than that!

No Fall Out- When shadows are packed close together, there can be a lot of fallout within palettes. This doesn't have that issue.

Cons 

Not the most pigmented- These are great for a nice soft look, but that's about it because these are not that pigmented. I wouldn't think you could just use these on their own, you would probably need some sort of primer and you would need to layer it so there could be a bit of a contrast.

Not easily arranged- I think this is a good palette for beginners because it has a variety of shades... but it also doesn't give any sort of direction on how to use the palette. I like that because I like creating my own looks... but if I were just starting out I would want it to be arranged a little better. The Maybeline Nudes palette for example is able to break down into quads, trios or duos. This doesn't have a rhyme or reason to it. There are golds and browns in all different places. It's hard to tell what color shadow you're using.

Almost too soft- These are very very soft shadows. They swatch a bit chalky. They don't look chalky or patchy on the eye at all, but that bothers a lot of people.

This retails for 14.99 at Ulta. Nyx goes on sale quite often and you can use the 3.50 off 10 coupon with it. Idk if this is still available at Ulta Stores, thats where I bought it. It isn't in Target stores, but its on the website. Just some things to consider before buying.

Hope this helped a little!
-Shannon

Comments