Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion, Favorites Friday (1.24.20)

Okay... this is kind of my favorite post that I used to do and it's a little bit harder for me to keep up with posting on this blog... especially a kind of time sensitive weekly post... so what I'm doing now is posting my favorites from LAST WEEK this week. It just makes it easier for me to be able to write out everything I want to write- add anything I want to add and I'm able to say all I want to say right here. It's just the best way I think I can ensure I get these up every Friday!

Frugal 
Into the Frugal this week! The Revlon Photo Ready Rose Glow Hydrating+ Illuminating Primer. This product is very interesting because it actually does feel like a primer and an oil... so it is really nice and hydrating but SURPRISE it actually primes well too. I've used priming oils before and... I feel like they do more to hydrate and that I still need an actual primer base with it. With this oil I feel like it's a one stop shop... my face feels hydrated plus it actually helps my makeup go on smoother and wear better throughout the day.

Fancy 

I think I mentioned this in the last Weekly Favorites that I did... but my Hourglass Ambient Edit palette... specifically the Ambient Lighting Powders. I feel like Hourglass first became popular with their Ambient lighting powders... and it kind of took me a while to get into these... but man... they are GOOD! I use Diffused Light under my eyes and Dim Light all over my face... it's really good. They really do give the most natural looking glowy finish to the skin and I LOVE it!

Fragrance 
I've been using the Bath and Body Works Aromatherapy Body Wash in the scent Warm Milk and Honey for Sleep... it smells so good. And it does help me sleep. I don't think this is a new product... actually I'm not sure if this is available anytime other than the Semi Annual Sales... but it's really nice and it kinda smells like cinnamon cookies or baked goods or something.

Fashion 
I just kinda found an older DKNY coat that I've had FOREVER and I never really got around to wearing it all that much... which is horrible I know- but I am wearing it now and it is beautiful and super super warm during this extremely cold weather we've been having lately.

Favorites 
My weighted blanket is a staple for me right now... it's sooo relaxing and it really really helps me sleep! I got this from Target's Room Essentials line and it was on sale for $30 on black friday/ cyber monday... it was really good and I'm sleeping soooo much better with it on.


Honorable Mentions 
I wanted to mention some Honorable Mentions here too! I haven't used them quite as much or I've talked about them before.

The Maybelline Nudes of New York Palette is really good! I know EmilyNoel83 just mentioned this in a video but it's really really good! I think I talked about it in my last weekly favorites... so I don't want to mention it as much right now... but its still great.

The Naked Honey Palette is great too! I did a great date night look with this I'll have to recreate and share soon!

Of corse my lipsense shades too! I want to do a Lip Swatch Sunday on these next week! Or this week depending... I don't totally love the pictures I took with them so far... so I might re-do pictures and do another lip swatch for next week... or I might just take new pictures and get it up on Sunday for you guys... but they're really good! I just got 2 new colors too that I want to play with!

Other Makeup Things... 
Congrats to Marlena Stell for the rebrand of Makeup Geek which I'm very excited to try out! Also on her pregnancy announcement!

Congrats to Nikkitutorials on coming out as Transgender this week! I'm sad that she had to come out because she was being blackmailed, but I'm proud of her for being able to be her true self now. I think it's absolutely beautiful and I have nothing but love and support for her!

And congrats to Tati- she released a new product too. I had unsubscribed to her for a bit because of all the drama she was involved in... but I missed her videos and I do really love her palette... so I resubscribed to her and I have some of her videos in my Watch Later playlist. The Blendiful seems to be getting good reviews and I haven't ordered it yet... but I might try it sometime soon.

Shane Dawson also released some outtakes from his Jeffree Star Series... which I need to kind of re-watch because I did like what I saw of it... but I think I missed some parts and I feel like I watched it out of order and it feels all confusing to me now when people talk about it... so I might just watch one video at a time or something because it's a lot to take in and it's a good series I want to make sure to watch all of. Get my receipts and stuff. LOL! JK! NOT A DRAMA BLOG! But I will probably let you guys know what's okay and what's not okay in the makeup community if it's something I myself am interested in.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments