Throwback Thursday: Pretty Vulgar Early Bird Palette look and First Impressions



I've been intrigued by Pretty Vulgar since the brand was first released at Sephora a few years ago. I heard reviews about it and it sounded good... but not great... and for $35 for a palette it seemed good for beginners- but I wasn't sure if it was something that I needed. I found this at a discount store for $10! So for $10 I was all about this palette!

This is just cardboard packaging- but it's really pretty cardboard packaging! I thought the shadow names or something would have something vulgar about it... but really it's just pretty! It actually looks a lot prettier in real life than I thought it would. There's some nice gold on the front packaging that I love.


The color selection kind of surprised me too! It's mostly neutral shades pretty much but there are also some nice peaches and purples- which didn't really look like anything to me when I looked at it online! It just looked like a basic neutral palette to me- but when I saw it at home I was like "ohh wow... there's a lot I can do with this palette!"

In the look I did today I used some of the purples. I put Nest Egg in the crease I think... and I used True Colors all over the lid, Ruffled in the inner corner, I darkened the crease a little with Victory and then I used conquer in the outer corner and Tweet on my browbone! Nice look!



True Colors had a lot of fallout... the glitter seemed a little dry- so I think that's why there was an issue.The last look I did with this I used Chirp and that wasn't as dry and didn't have as much of an issue... so I think True Colors might just be a bit dryer in formula... but it's still wearable and not bad at all. I'll use it again- but I might do my eye makeup before my face makeup next time I use it!

The staying power of this palette was really good! I wore the other look I did to work and it stayed looking really nice all day long! Overall this is a great palette for $10... honestly I even think it'd be worth paying full price and getting it at Sephora- so if you're interested in it check it out!

Hope you guys found this helpful or you liked this look! I'm sure I'll do more of these with products that might not be new but maybe I find them somewhere and check it out or maybe I just rediscover it in my collection. Next week I think I'm going to do a Thrifty Thursday because I have a drugstore review- but in the future I might have a Throwback Thursday on the Pretty Vulgar Foundation- which I also just bought and I'm super impressed with and I broke out my Makeup Geek shadows in the older formula I want to use before I get the new rebrand palette! So... expect some throwbacks coming soon!

Also for my face makeup and all other makeup in this look I did pretty much the same as my blog on Monday which I will post right here if you want something else to read!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments