Thrifty Thursday: Maybelline Nudes of New York Palette!

Okay... I'm just going to do a quick little review on this palette because... I didn't pre-write this and my boyfriend is coming over soon... so I don't have much time. PLUS I don't have al that much to say about this palette other than this is a good palette and I recommend it! I'm going to do 4 things about it a la Bailey B on Youtube!

1) I love the selection of Warm and Cool Shades in this palette 
I feel like Warm Palettes are getting a little bit less trendy because the market has been kind of flooded with them... but now I've been seeing a lot of cooler palettes and I like cool shadows... but I think Warm Shadows tend to be a little easier to make... so you usually get some better shades with them... and I find it a little hard to do looks with all cool shades. I don't usually do grey or smokey eyes... I like an everyday cool look- which is something you can definitely get with some of the champagne and pink shades in this palette... but I still know I can get a nice look with the warm shadows in this palette.

2) These are really good shadows 
I know people didn't love the original Maybelline The Nudes Palette... but these are actually great shadows! They're easy to blend, pigmented and they last all day. I have some after pictures from when I wore it to work yesterday... I had this on for about 12 hours at that point... I applied the shadows at around 10 and got home from work at around 10... so it did last pretty much all day.

It was pretty good!


3) If you aren't going to use all of these shadows... maybe opt for a City Mini Palette instead 

So While I feel like this is a great palette... It is $13 at ulta... which I think is a little pricy for the amount of shadows you're getting. You do get a lot of different shades but the pans are kinda small so if you do use this every day I'd imagine hitting pan pretty soon with this. But if you don't love warm shadows or cool shadows and you think you'd only use a few colors in the palette... maybe look into the City Mini palettes! These are very similar formulas and less shadows so its a little less expensive. Plus these are easy to take with you on the go if you frequently do your makeup in the car like I do... or if you just need a few shades to do a look really quick. These are small so it's easy to choose.

4) I've been reaching for this palette a lot since I've bought it! 
So I feel myself reaching for this a LOT! I got the Huda Beauty Mercury Retrograde palette around the same time I got this palette... and I find myself using this more. Not saying that they're similar palettes at all... but it is something I have been reaching for over more expensive palettes... so I think if you're considering it... it's a good one. I think you'll end up reaching for it a lot. Like I've said it's neutral, easy to work with, you get a good color variety and it lasts all day!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments