How To-sday: Easy Back To School Drugstore/Affordable Makeup Look

If you've noticed... lately I've been sorta favoring Drugstore Makeup... so I thought it might be good to do a little Drugstore Makeup look that I think would be especially good for back to school.

First thing I did was spray my face with the Maybelline Master Face Studio setting spray and I used that as my primer... and its actually doing a good job. I didn't expect that. I also have on the Maybelline Better Skin Foundation and then I moved onto my eyes for a little bit.

I primed my eyes with the Elf primer and then I went back to my face because I wanted it to dry a little bit... lol.

I decided to contour with Wet n Wild's Megaglow Contouring Palette Contour... which is an unnecessarily long name and I used the brown side to contour and then I used the Maybelline Superstay concealer and I used the white side of the Contour under my eyes with that. For Blush I used the Milani Berry Amore blush and I like that! I feel like this is great for fall and back to school. Its so nice!

Then I went back to my eyes and used the Maybelline Color Tattoo pencil over it. This didn't work as well with the regular elf primer as it does with the primer and liner sealer... but its not terrible.

Then I used the Sweet as Candy trio from wet n wild, which is a nice neutral shadow... and I actually had the brush and spongetip applicator in it, so I used it because I never use those! But yeah I went in with my sponge tip applicator and the eyelid shadow which is pink and then I used the crease shade in my crease and the browbone shade on my inner corner... and I Loved the look. Its simple, I followed the directions of the palette and it worked out nicely.

For the rest of my eyes I used the liner sealer with the crease shade in this and did sort of a liner with that shade... it didn't show up that well, but the liner sealer actually works really well to use a shadow as a liner. It just didn't work well with this light color... so if you're running out of time, skip this step. This look took me a while cause I didn't know what I was doing.

And for waterline I used Colourpop Honeydude Liner and the Ulta Amped Lashes mascara with the rain coat topcoat. My favorite combo.

And for highlight I used the Elf Illuminating palette and used the highlight on the bottom left.

I used mostly drugstore brushes too and one shed on me... but I don't know which one. If that happens just try to use a foundation brush to get it off. I think it was a foundation brush that shed on me... but if you know a better flat foundation brush that doesn't shed... use that. I also used a tarte fluffy blush from a set to get it off... it was hard lol.

Anyway brushes I used were I On Beauty Flat Foundaiton brush (prayed with setting spray) Real Techniques flat foundation brush (which I think was the culprit of the shedding.) The Spongetip applicator and crease brush from the Sweet as Candy palette and a BH Cosmetics Blush Brush. Ohhh and the Real Techniques Bold Metals Contour blush.

Ohhh and for lips I used the Lumiere from Colourpop.


Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments