Worth It Wednesday:The Balm Meet Matt(e) Trimony Palette

Alright I just got this palette it is the newest one from The Balm and I was excited to use it. I got it on sale from Ipsy,

So this is originally $42. I got it as an Ipsy Offer for $22. I think it it is worth the $42 honestly. Spoilers right there, I would probably buy the other matte palettes from The Balm too. I love the size of the pans in these and the color selection is great on these. And the quality is amazing! It blends so well and they are so pigmented and just nice.

It worried me when I first used it because when I was swatching on my arm... it didn't show up that pigmented. I'm a pale person, and my arm is especially pale... so if it doesn't show up on my arm... thats a problem... but I don't swatch with primers... I'm not an expert swatter... so I just don't think it was a good representation of what the shadows are on their own. They show up sooo nicely only eyes and they just blend really nicely.

Another thing that kind of had me wondering "Is this really worth it" is that it is so similar to the Too Faced Natural Matte Palette. If you look at the pans side by side, they look almost identical. And that's probably true of most matte neutral palettes. There are only so many things you can do. I would say this is kind of an all around warm palette and the Too Faced one has a mix of warm and cools I think. I feel like this is one I'm going to like a lot in the fall because there's a sort of plummy color and a burgundy. There is also a matte black in this... which I know is sort of a make or break for some people. Some people need a matte black in their palettes... other people never use it and just don't like it. I can take or leave it... but this is an awesome awesome black. This might be my favorite matte black of any palette because its just so good.

I don't think I like this more than the Too Faced Natural Matte Palette... but I'm happy I have it. I'm going to use this on its own a ton and I've been using it with shadows. This blends really well and if you want a smokey look I think its amazing for that.

And I think the theme of this palette is super cute.The Balm does a cute job with theming. Its a hot man and he's in a wedding outfit and then all the shadow names are Matt something or other on the inside. Very cute.

So is this worth $22? Hell Yes! Would I spend $42 on this? Probably. The Balm has a 50%off sale 2 times a year usually, Birchbox has The Balm and they used to have a lot of sales... I don't think they're doing so well anymore so who knows... and Hautelook has The Balm a lot. Hautelook takes a long time to ship though... so idk about that. And Kohls carries The Balm and you can use Kohls Cash and they will sometimes do beauty discounts... but its rare. Lol.

Anyway it is worth it. I think I'm going to do more of these, not just on new products but maybe some products I've had for a while... just high end stuff and whether I think its worth the price or not.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments