Palette Smackdown: Tartelette In Bloom vs Lorac Pro 2

Alrighty so here we have my second palette smackdown in the series! I am putting all my palettes face to face to see which one comes out on top! I have high end and drugstore in 2 different categories and here is my last high end one where the Tartelette in Bloom faced the Tarte Showstopper, and the In Bloom came out on top. I thought since that palette was a nice, quick and easy palette I'd try facing it against an old favorite for quick and easy looks, the Lorac Pro 2!

Lorac Pro 2 

First Use was really nice! It was just so easy to apply and I came up with a look really quickly. I was trying to get ready in a hurry and this did the job really well. The shades were nice and pigmented and the look just came together really well. I think its great.

It didn't last all that long... I used an Elf Primer where I usually use Urban Decay or something... so I think I'm going to try it with Urban Decay next time I use it and we'll see what happens! I used to use these all the time when I was commuting to school and I had to do a lot of walking and basically the only way this worked was with a good primer like the Urban Decay Primer Potion or the Lorac one. I hadn't used the Elf primers at the time and I guess my lids are a little oily when walking especially. I did do a lot of walking today and it didn't hold up great... you can still see some color but not the best... I will definitely use the Urban Decay to do a total check.

Tartelette In Bloom 

First Use It was nice! Very easy to use. I think this is going to be a tough call because I think the things I like about the Tartelette in Bloom are the same as the Lorac Pro 2... but the things I don't like are also similar. I feel like you kinda need the right primer for these colors to pop... I think this lasts better with any primer than the Lorac... but the shades are so similar that they need a little somethin' to make them pop a bit more. Idk. I love the packaging to this palette... so I feel like that might edge out the Lorac palette just a tiny bit. But I'm going to give them both another chance before I make my final decision.

I also feel like the primer I used with this... maybe wasn't the choice I should have gone with.

Actually this didn't last all that well on my eyes either. I had a rough day... When I say a poopy day I mean in the literal sense, not the figurative sense. My dog was not feeling good this morning apparently Lol. So... it kinda just didn't go very well that way. Lol.

Lorac Pro 2 

Second Use 
This was kind of the deciding use... I did a really easy matte eye look that was sort of a smokey look and I really liked it!It reminded me of how many great looks I did with this palette that are all really good and fun. And it lasted a long time to. Very easy, very nice, there's a ton you can do with this palette... and I just really love it.

And The Winner Is 
Lorac Pro 2! 

I was definitely thinking that the Tarte would win because it has my favorite packaging... but there's just more to do with the Lorac Pro 2. There are some shades I haven't even used much yet... but there are some shades I'm just about hitting pan on. There are some great matte shades and the shimmers are awesome and I'm really excited to be using it again now! I didn't think I would be... but when I've been doing the same looks its just been more fun and I have an appreciation for this palette. Its versatile and the formula is really good... and I'm a fan!

Next Time On Palette Smackdown 

So the next high end palette smackdown I'll do is Lorac Pro 2 vs the Lorac Pro... I kind of know which one is going to win... but I sort of want to eliminate it early... lol is that bad? Maybe. But maybe I'll be surprised!

Byeee!
-Shannon  

Comments