Swatch n Sniff: First Impressions on New Releases in stores

So, today I went to the mall with my sister and I bought a toner and 2 mascaras... but I swatched a thing or two and I'm impressed by most of what I swatched... and I smelled some new things too... so I figured I'd let you guys know my thoughts.

Lets get the things I wasn't that impressed with out of the way first... shall we?

Kat Von D Serpentina Palette 
I didn't swatch this too much because honestly, I know I'm not going to get it... but I don't think they sell  this at my Sephora inside JC Penny and the nearest sephora by me is 20-30 minutes away and I don't go there often... so this might be the only time I get to swatch it...

And it wasn't bad. It was very true to color and even though it was swatched to death at Sephora, the formula didn't seem to be dry or oily even... it was just right. So that was good. I just didn't love it because it reminded me too much of the Nubian 2 palette. So if you don't want to order something online and you don't mind paying a little extra for it and you like the color selection: Go with Kat Von D. If not, try the Nubian 2! Its my favorite.

Miss Fabulous Palette from Ulta 
I love Ulta Brand. When I first swatched this, I was like "Ohhh I don't like the mattes in this." But the shimmers were really nice. I actually looked at the swatches afterwards and I was like "ohh this looks really nice!" But it just isn't something I think I need. If it goes on sale for $9 I might get it because it was good and I love Jenny Fox, I think she's a great youtuber and I love her channel... but for the time being I'm passing on the palette. I think there is more to the collection, so I'm sure I'll pick something up from the line, but right now I wasn't overly impressed with it.

Urban Decay Moondust Palette 
Everyone seems to love this... There was a lot of glitter on my hand after swatching it. I think I just swatched the green shade and it was gorgeous... but I think there will be glittery fallout. It was gorgeous and its not like I had primer on my hand or anything.

Smashbox Master Class Palette: Lighting Theory 
I wanted this palette to begin with... but I really liked the way that it swatched too. The golds were especially nice... there was a lot of good colors in this. The blush I swatched was nice. I didn't feel the creams... but the shadows felt sooo nice!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette 
This one felt amazing! The mattes were perfect, the shimmers were excellent... I'm kind of stuck between if I want the Master Class or this palette... and I want both... which is bad... but I don't care. They're both really good lol. I love my ABH Self Made Palette and this one felt even better than that!

Nars Dual Intensity Blush Palette 
I really liked this! I think if its still around during the sale I might get it. I didn't swatch all the shades... but it was nice. I've heard that Nars doesn't have blush palettes that are that nice and I've heard not so great things about the Dual Intensity blushes... but this palette seemed great from my first swatch!

Nirvana Rose and Nirvana Bourbon 
Maybe my nose had been affected by the smell of my hand sanitizer... but these smelled exactly like Nirvana White and Nirvana Black to me. Bourbon smelled a little better and it kind of smelled like Nirvana Black... but I don't think you need all of them... but I kind of want all of them. So... yeah. Lol.

Commodity Book 
This really did smell like books to me! I know this isn't new, but its only at fancy sephoras so its new to me! I liked how it smelled. It was pretty good!

Hempz Sweet Pineapple and Honey Nectar 
Maybe it was the hand sanitizer again... this didn't smell bad, but it didn't smell as wonderful as I thought.

Hempz Green Tea and Asian Pear 
I liked how this smelled a lot! If I didn't have so many lotions already, I would consider buying this one!

And that is it! Not a huge list... not super detailed I only swatched a few colors of each... but it gave me enough of a grasp to be like, "YEAH!" Or "Nahhhh" lol.

Let me know if you have any of these and if they're more than meets the eye... or swatch.

Byeeee!
-Shannon


Comments