Summa Lip Must Haves!

Hey everyone so yesterday I did my summer beauty must haves and it was getting long... so I decided to do lips separately since I have a lot of lippies to talk about.

My number 1 pick should be absolutely no surprise...It's a lipgloss from Buxum and its called Shannon. This gloss was clearly made for me, and its perfect for summer and especially this year. Online it says the description is "moonlit lavender" which kind of fits in with the radiant orchid trend of the year. The formula is amazing it smells great in the tube, there is somewhat of a tingly minty type of feeling to it that I really like but it might not be your cup of tea... its overall amazing. It's got a little shimmer but its pretty much a creamy glossy type of formulation.

Stila Lip Glaze- This product in general is great for summer because its just so nice and glossy and it just looks like a summer product. I got a trio at the end of last summer and I've almost used up quite a few of the colors. The great thing about these products is that they usually come in Trios with three of them that are all good colors for the season for about $15. This could be the one lip thingy that you buy during the summer and use all the season. They are great! They are a little sticky so not everyone likes that, I don't really mind because it does have an amazing staying power and they look soo nice on the lips.

Milani Brilliant Shine Glosses- These remind me of the Stila Lip Glaze, so if you want a drugstore alternative these are great. They don't have a sticky feel to them, but they have a similar gel type of glossy texture that I like in the Stila Lip Glaze. They smell like Oreo Brownie's and they have a lot of great color options. My favorite for summer has been Coral Crush. I've been wearing this a lot and it looks good on its own or over a lipstick. These are pretty pigmented for a gloss as well. The color of the gloss definitely shows instead of just going on clear.

Milani Lip Intense Liquid Color in Fiery Coral- I absolutely loved this, but I lost it. Ohhh well. It is better to have loved and to have lost than to never have loved at all right? Not sure that applies for a lip product... but it makes me feel a little better. These last a long time, they have great colors, I actually bought all the colors after testing this one out, but I brought them back because all three other colors had a terrible taste and smell to them and the formula seemed off. I'm thinking of rebuying them because Milani is actually having a 30% off sitewide sale through June 30th (I read this on Nouveau Cheap - which is a great blog to read to get deals and reviews on new drugstore products as well as updates on newly formulated products and all that jazz. Just use the code it says on her picture at checkout. Also free shipping for orders over $25 which isn't bad.) So yeah, this is a good summer color, but be careful with how it is formulated cause it was nasty. Lol.

NYC Expert Last Lipstick- This is a great lipstick, I got one for a test in my Influenster Voxbox and I loved the formula. The packaging is a little cheap, the lid falls off... but these are super affordable and overall greatly pigmented. They claim to be moisturizing I think, idk if I agree to that claim fully but they are not drying at all really. They have a lot of great summery colors. I love Coralista which is an orangy coral and I love Forever Fuschia for summer particularly. I have a few of these just because I like them so much, but these are definitely the best for summer. Blue Rose is also a good one for the radiant orchid trend.

NYC Cityproof Twistable Lip Colors- Of all the Chubby Lip Pencils, this is probably my favorite. It's sooo soo easy to apply and it has a nice color that can be built up. They have a nice color selection also, I have Fulton Street Fuschia for my summer shade, its a pretty almost coraly fuschia that I think would look good on a lot of people. These and the other lipstick might melt in your purse on a hot day... but if you keep it in the shade it should be okay. They have a lot of nice summery colors too, may have to buy some more. These are actually pretty moisturizing, which I like.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipsticks- I was surprised by how much I loved this lipstick. I got it from Influenster in my Rimmel Brand Badge, and I got it in a color called Rose Berry and its not necessarily the most summery color, but I think it looks really pretty and I will be wearing it a lot in the summer. These have recently been reformulated and repackaged, and this is one of the newer formulations. I really like it, I think it looks like its a more expensive lipstick on the lips and I really love the color payoff. I've never tried the old formulation of it, but this is very moisturizing and easy to apply and I think its great. I don't love the smell as I've mentioned previously... but it doesn't bother me all that much.


Nyx Butter Gloss in Strawberry Parfait- I love these butter glosses for all year, but this gloss is just a nice bright summery pink color that I have to mention in with this! I bought this color with Maple Blondie in the fall and I've used Maple Blondie quite a lot, but I just started loving Strawberry Parfait! It's so bright and girly that I think anyone will like it!

Maybeline Babylips- If you don't like wearing a whole lot of make up during summer time, you can't go wrong with babylips. I've been reaching for these a lot just because they're so easy and they're nicely moisturizing. They have a million different collections out now I think, a crystal collection just came out that looks very nice. I have the Dr. Rescue ones and I've been reaching for them a lot lately. I just  like these. They have ones with SPF too, which I don't think anything else I've mentioned has but obviously that's better for if you're out in the heat.

So that is it! Let me know what you're summer lip must haves are cause I like trying new things!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments