Drugstore Make Up Starter Kit!

So I just clicked on a video that was a drugstore starter kit and I was like... Hey that's a good idea I'm going to do that now. I got the idea from readysetglamour on YouTube, she also has a blog look her up she gives great reviews... But anyway here is my stuffs.

Face 

I'm going to start out with a primer. I really like the Maybeline Babyskin primer. I think it works really well at hydrating my skin, which is dryer and it's good at making your make up last and look nice. If you've heard amazing things about Benefit's Porefessional and don't want to pay the $30 for it, this one is pretty similar and almost as good. I definitely recommend, especially if you have dry skin.

If you don't really want to wear a heavy foundation I'd go with a Bb cream and I'd say Olay Fresh Effects Bb Cream is awesome. It might not be the best for oily skin, but I really like it because it's moisturizing and gives good coverage. This is amazing for me in the winter because I get dryer skin. It's not really a make up item it's more of a skincare item, which is why I think it works particularly well to moisturize. If you're really young and don't want a heavy foundation, go with this.

If you do want more coverage from a foundation, I recommend Rimmel Stay Matte foundation. It's easy to apply, you only need a little bit for good coverage and it stays on well, looks nice and covers well. I haven't really found any concealer that I like yet, but this covers everything pretty well and isn't clinging to my dryness. It's also really affordable.

And since I mentioned the Rimmel stay matte foundation I'll give an honorable mention to the stay matte primer also, because I don't think it's amazing for my skin type and I didn't get to try it very long, but it gives a nice lasting power. I've heard good things about all of Rimmel's primers in
general, so tahrs something.

Cheeks 

For a blush I'm going to say the Elf Baked blush in Passion Pink is great for beginners. That's actually the first blush I tried and I really like it! It gives a nice flush to the face without being too
much. It's also super affordable and great.

A nice Bronzer that is also super affordable is the NYC Sunny Bronzer. I like NYC a lot and I think this Bronzer is pretty fool proof and amazing. It's matte so you can contour with it if you want, it's good for just an overall bronzed effect and it's got nice packaging too.

If you want a blush, Bronzer and a highlight , try Maybeline's master studio hi light in the light 
bronze shade. This just gives a really nice glow to the skin and it's great for summer.

Eyes 

First I need to mention something I use almost daily and that would be the Maybeline Color Tattoos which are in fact amazing. They have a great color selection, great color payoff, incredible lasting power and look good under other shadows. Definitely a must!

L'oreals infallible eyeshadows are also great for beginners. I really wish they had these when I was in high school because they seem really high quality and there are so many colors that are all incredibly pigmented. These also wear really well. I would say that if you're high school has PE first in the morning like mine did 3 times a week, which I hated, these would probably last. Layer them over a color tattoo and it would probably look good.

For pigmented palettes and trios I would recommend Wet N Wild anything in their permanent color icon line is amazingly pigmented and easy to use. I have the 8 pan palette comfort zone, which is a nice natural palette with some pops of color. I also have a trio in Silent treatment which is great for a nice daytime look, or you could smoke it out more for a more nighttime look. Either way it's amazing. These are great and they have a lot of colors to choose from and they are super inexpensive!

I also have been really enjoying the Rimmel glam eyes HD eyeshadow palette in Brick Lane. This palette I really like because it gives a similar look to a lot of peoples go to looks in their original naked palette. This is awesome and I think it's only at wall mart, but still worth a trip there... Even though I don't like wall mart and try to avoid all trips there.

Another honorable mention goes to Nyx wicked dreams palette and Nyx Love in Paris Palette.  
These are not the most pigmented shadows, but they have a lot of variety in them and they can be
worked with. The love in Paris palette is slightly more pigmented and is small and easy to travel with.
 The wicked dreams palette has more colors so you can get a lot of looks from there. These aren't all that easy to find, but Ulta and Harmon carry Nyx, they are starting to appear in everyone else's targets and cvs' I think they may be at wall mart... Plus Ulta has an online store, so you can find them there.

For eyeliners I love the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal eyeliners. They have lots of colors ans they're all super easy to use, have great staying power and are just overall awesome. I love these!

For mascara... Idk. I think there are lots of great drugstore mascaras that are amazing. My favorite is probably the Loreal butterfly mascara, but I wouldn't try that as a beginner. I'd say the Maybeline falsies flared works well because it is easy to use and gives a nice shape to the lashes. It's also pretty affordable. Always a plus.

Lips 

For beginners Maybeline baby lips all the way. Nice color, nice taste, easy to apply moisturizing cheap. All around good.

Revlon lip butters are also good. They aren't too too much.

The Revlom Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in honey is also a great color for beginners that I think will look good on anyone.

For a bolder color I would go with the NYC cityproof twistable lip colors or the NYC expert last lipsticks. They have a great selection.

Also Nyx Butter glosses are amazingly pigmented and smell great.

Milani's brilliant shine glosses are also pretty great affordable glosses. They are more glossy and they're nicely pigmented and actually have a good staying power. I like them.

Brushes 
Real techniques starter kit has everything you need for your eyes and it's pretty affordable and works really well.

Also elf brushes are fantastic. The bronzing brush makes contouring look effortless and amazing and the small stipple brush blends out blushes soo soo well.

And don't forget your own fingers can be used! Pat a color all over with your index finger, define your crease with your pinky and blend it with your ring finger or a tissue or a q tip or something and pat on a highlight with your ring finger or the other pinky finger.

Hope this comes in handy for you! Byeeeee!

-Shannon



Comments