Splurge Day! High End Product thoughts!

Heyyyyy guys so today is national Splurge Day... Not to be confused with Purge day lol. I just thought I'd review some things that are a bit more expensive and tell you if I think they're worth the extra money or not.

First let's go with something I think is absolutely worth the money and that is the Buxum Lipglosses. These are 19 dollars at Sephora...which is a lot of money for a lipgloss, but you can always find them in sets too and they are just such a nice luxury product. I have two shades, one called Starr that is a gorgeous burgundy with shimmer and one called Shannon which is a lilacy cream shade. Shannon is good for everyday wear, I like it because it's my name and they are soo soo good. They smell like cupcakes, they have a bit of a menthaly- type of a scent or taste when you put them on. A little like Babylips Dr. Rescue and they have a nice plumping effect to them. Everything about these is just luxurious and amazing. These are the best!

The biggest Splurge I've splurged make up wise is with the Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette... Ohhh boy. It's even more expensive now than when I got it, I think it's up to $54 now which is pricey for a college student without a job at the time... May not have been the best decision to purchase it but I friggin love it. It is probably my favorite palette, I love the colors and it's very easy to come up with different looks. I don't regret purchasing it at all, but there are great palettes that are more affordable as well. I chose to get the 3 as opposed to the Naked or Naked 2 palettes because this seemed the most different from anything I had. I didn't think the 1 would look good on me, I wanted the 2 but I have the Stila In The Light Palette which is very similar and more affordable and just as good, and this was not like anything I had. All of them are nice, it's just a personal preference, I also don't think you would need 1 and 2 both because they're really similar.

Too faced is a brand I've now tried a lot of things from. I got the beauty blogger darlings sampler kit which came with the chocolate solei Bronzer, the better than sex mascara, their face primer and their eye primer. I like it all. I would consider buying full sizes of any of them, they're all pretty fantastic! I also like their eyeshadows, I have the bourdoir eyes palette and I really love using it. Great quality, travel friendly and there's a lot you can do with it. It's also not that expensive, you get 9 shadows for $36 which isn't too too bad.

Stila I've also tried a lot of and I've had good luck with, their eyeshadows are great, I love their smudge sticks and they have nice lip glaze trios as well! It's a fun brand that is less pricey for a high end brand, so that's always good.


I also have the benefit Porefessional primer which I like a lot... But I feel like the Maybeline Babyskin is quite similar. It probably isn't quite as good but it's close enough so idk that is something I would say yes go spend all your money on this. It's okay.

Anyhoo that is it for splurge day... I'll probably think of more but right now it's just those mini reviews. Splurge wisely my friends!

Byeeeee!
- Shannon

Comments