1-Brand Tutorial: Rimmel London



Heyyyyy guys I'm super super excited about my post for today!!!! I know I've talked about Influenster in my Scribbles about Life blog, but this blog is new. Basically it's a free subscription service that sends you full size products of all types- Beauty, food, skincare, laundry detergent- as a sample for testing purposes. I love it, I received one of my all time favorite foundations, my Rimmel stay Matte in one of my Voxboxes, and I loved it. They do brand badges where basically you have some tasks to do and when you do all the tasks you could be entered to win a lot of stuff from the brand. I did that for Rimmel and they just sent me a ton of stuff to try out and I am pumped!

So I'm going to start by priming my face with the Stay Matte Primer. I've heard really good things about this primer, but I've also heard that if you have dry skin it might make the foundation look a little too matte. You need a more moisturizing primer for the foundation is what I've heard... But so far I've liked it with every primer I've used. And I'm going to put the Stay Matte Foundation over it. I love this foundation it may be my favorite and I was not expecting to like it at all.

I think the primer is probably a great long lasting primer, but on my skin with the foundation on top of it, it came off a little clingy to my dry spots in places. Not the best for me, but I can tell it's going to be long wearing so that's a plus.

Next I'm going to put on the Rimmel Stay Blushed blush. It's like a cream blush, it's supposed to be a liquid formula but it's a little mousey. This is what I was most excited out of everything because I've never seen these and it seems like it will be a similar formula to the stay matte foundation which I like a lot. It is a similar consistency to that... But this isn't a fool proof application. I put wayyyy too much on at first, and it's easy to sheer out, but a little goes a long ways mine is in the color sunkissed cherry, which is a great summer color. I like it I just need to get used to it.

Now the eyes. I'm going to use the Scandal eyes eyeshadow stick in the shade bulletproof beige. This is a beautiful color, super pigmented and it applies nicely, the only problem is the tip of mine broke off right when I used it. I think these can. Be sharpened, but that's a bummer. Then over it I used the Glam Eyes Hd eyeshadow palette in the color Brick. Lane. I'm using the color on the bottom left all over the lid, putting both of the top colors in the crease, I used the lighter color first to transition. Then I used the light color at the bottom right of the palette as a highlight on the inner corners and the browbone and I dabbed the gold color in the middle on the inner third of my eye. I really love this look, it's similar to a lot of looks I see with the original Naked Palette and I actually do something similar with the Naked 3. These shades are really gorgeous and pigmented and I like it. (and of corse I flipped the picture lol. so from the pic POV I used the top left shade on my lid the bottom right for the transition shade in my crease, the darkest color in the crease also and the lightest color to highlight, and the circle shade in the middle to bronze up the inner third of my eye.

Then I lined my eyes with the Scandaleyes waterproof kohl Kajal eyeliner in black... And I thought it was a bit too dark, so I kind of left it on,  kind of removed it and I put on the Nude pencil on my waterline. I've already tried other colors of the eyeliner and I really like it.

And now onto the mascara, which I tried lightly yesterday and I loved it. It's the scandal eyes retro glam, and today I didn't love it as much. It smudged on me a lot while I was at dinner. It isn't that bad I'd you apply it lightly, but be careful with it. The brush I really like because it looks a lot like the too face better than sex mascara. This isn't an amazing formula because it smudges, but if you put on a little bit it will last a long time and look great.

And lastly the lipstick I used was the Moisture Renew lipstick in the shade rose berry... Or berry rose, I don't have it in front of me. I really liked the look and feel the only thing I didn't like was the smell. It smells like baby powder, which I am not a fan of. It wasn't horrible though, and it's something I would buy more of because it wasn't that off putting.

So yeah... Overall I really liked everything and will get good use out of it. I think I was most impressed with the eyeshadow, just because I really like the looks I've seen with the Naked Palette that look similar and I was happy I could do the same look with free eyeshadow lol. The only problem is as of right now I think those eyeshadow palettes are only available at wall mart and I try to avoid wall mart as much as I can. Lol. Guess I should start shopping there for make up cause I've heard good things. I also really love the color of the lipstick. It's such a nice cooler pinky berry color. It's really nice. And I love the formula a lot!

Alright that is it. Idk if I'll have many more 1 brand reviews just because I don't know if I'll get sent products from another company lol. I'll let you know!

Byeeeeee!
-Shannon


Comments