Summer Essentials 2014! Beauty Edition! (eyes and face)

Heyyy all! So here are my absolute 100 percent summer MUSTS! Okay that sounded more serious than it is... I guess you don't need things to enjoy summer, but here are things I like using in summer.

Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream- I know a lot of people don't like wearing Heavy foundation in the summer time and I think this is just as good as foundation. It's super moisturizing... might not be the best for oily skin, but I think if you use a mattifying primer like the Rimmel Stay Matte primer and a powder on top, this will be perfect. I have dry skin, so I don't get oily quite as often, but I think this is a good enough product to try out. It's a little expensive for the drugstore, I think its like 11-13 dollars, but its worth it in my opinion because you do get a lot of product and it works really well.

L'oreal True Match Lumi Foundation- If you do want to go for a foundation, this will give a nice natural glow to the skin that will look natural and luminous and just really nice. This is one of my favorite foundations and I think its perfect for summer. 

Maybeline Master Hi-Light Bronzer in Light Bronze- I have been experimenting with more cheek products lately and I think this gives the most beautiful glow for the summer. I love this product, its a really simple one step product. It comes in a nice compact with a brush (that isn't that great) and a mirror, which is always useful. It's like a nice blush, bronzer and highlighter all in one so its super easy to just put on and be ready to go outside for the summer.

Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips- I feel like these were made for summertime. It's perfect it's a nice beautiful highlight, but it can also be a blush and a bronzer if you swirl everything together. I just think this looks perfect and gives a nice summer glow.

Too Faced Chocolate Solei Bronzer- I figured I better put a summer bronzer on the list and this was hard to choose. I wasn't sure if I should put this or my NYC Sunny Bronzer. If you don't want to spend money on the Chocolate Solei, definitely go with Sunny, but I choose the too faced bronzer because there are more options for that I think. I know they have a few different shades, they have much lighter shades and darker shades. I just got a sample size in a kit and its in a medium shape... I'm pretty fair but this just looks so natural its not even that big of a difference. It blends nicely into the skin and gives a really natural bronzed look. It's also pretty fool proof, if I can figure it out, you can definitely figure it out. lol. These are awesome.

Maybeline Master Glaze Blushes- I think Coral Sheen is the color I've been using most for summer, but these are just an overall great product. They're pigmented, easy to apply, and easy to travel with. It's a nice cream formula blush that you can just dab on your cheeks and blend out with your fingers. It's quick, easy affordable and I think they've come out with more colors too. I like these.

Sephora Blush Duo in Guava Glow- I had kind of gotten into a blush-rut where I basically used the same pinky color on my cheeks and this was my first "daring" color. It just looks like summer and its so so pretty. A lot of people overlook the Sephora Brand, but I think they're great and affordable.

Too Faced Shadow Insurance- I've been really really liking this lately. It's a little watery, but I find it a good natural looking primer to layer shadows on top of and it works really great. It looks super natural and all around I just think it does the job perfectly.

Maybeline Color Tattoos- These I use most days of any season, but in the summer these come in handy especially. If I had to choose one I would say Barely Branded is a great one to go with. It's so pretty and shiny, it will work well under a lot of different shadows, but it works particularly well with the next palette I'm going to talk about.

Stila In The Light Palette- This is a really fantastic summer palette. It's a nice neutral palette, so it will work any time of the year, but it screams summer to me for some reason. It has really nice shimmery golden shades that just perfect any summer outfit. It's also a more affordable palette, so that is always a plus. I just think its great all around. No complaints.

Wet N Wild Comfort Zone Palette-This is a great neutral palette that is super affordable and works great for a nice summer look. You can do a pop of color on your eyeliner for a more summery look, or you could just leave it as is. It's a great palette any time of year again, but I have been reaching more for it in the spring and summer. It's super affordable and really a great quality for the price.
 
Stila Smudge Sticks- These may be my favorite eyeliners. They recently came out with even more shades, and they stay on and go on super easily. I like Damsel-which comes with the in the light palette- for going out at night and I've been using Mint Julep as a pop of color under a neutral look. These are just great for all year too I guess, but I've been reaching for them a lot this summer.

Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl Kajal Pencils- These are similar to the stila smudge sticks. They're a pencil form so I feel like its not quite as multi-purpose as the smudgesticks, but it is a great drugstore alternative. I've been using the Nude pencil a lot, which is no different than the rest of the year... but it has a nice summer purpose. If you've been out partying a little too much and don't want to look dead the next day, this can help a lot! Its a great eyeliner, and it will not budge at all!

Too Faced Better than Sex Mascara- I think mascara is a thing good for whenever, but I've been using this one a lot so I guess this is my summer mascara? I don't use anything waterproof or anything so none of mine are great summer mascaras but this one is probably the best for making your lashes look extra lashy.  I really like it!

And I was going to put lip products and some fashion faves on here also, but I think I'll do that in another blog because it may be long and I'll probably be talking more about brands than anything else for lips... so I'll probably do that tomorrow and fashion on Friday or something. 

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments