How To-sday: How to wear a natural eye with gold eyeliner!

So I was really excited about this look today... and tbh I wasn't totally impressed with it. It didn't really show up that well on me and... idk the glitter liner I used I've had a lot of success with before but for some reason today it was just super fall out-y and it just wasn't as nice as the girl I copied the look from, which is a funny story you can read about on my main blog Scribbles About life. Anyway this was a fun, quick easy look that I did like overall and I do think its good for summer... but it just wasn't what I wanted it to look like.

First I primed my face with Rimmel's Stay Matte Primer. This primer I liked overall, but for my skin, using it with the Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation was a bit too matte looking. That didn't really work for my skin, so I decided to use my Olay Fresh Effects BB Cream. I think the point of BB Creams are that you don't need to wear a primer underneath, but it definitely still helps. If its hot out, a primer might help you from completely sweating off your make up. I really liked the way this looked and felt together. It wore nicely and it just looked like I had really nice natural looking skin. For my cheeks I used the Rimmel Stay Blushed Blush in Sunkissed Cherry and I used my Physician's formula shimmer strips for a nice bronzy glow in a kind of contoury way. Really liked this all together. Really made my skin look nice.

Now for the Eyes, which is what I wasn't overly impressed with. The girl on the Path that I got the idea for this look from had a very light eyeshadow on. I think she may have just had a Mac Paintpot or something The Rimmel Scandaleyes shadow stick in Bulletproof Beige would have probably been perfect, but I used my Rimmel Glameyes HD palette in Brick lane. I just combined the two lightest shades on my Urban Decay brush that came in the naked palette and that was easy. Then I put on my Sephora glitter eyeliner in a gold color. This is a nice liner and I really like it, but it didn't quite show up that well with the neutral eye look. I know other brands have these, I think Urban Decay and Lorac both have these. I would not doubt Mac has them, maybe those would work better if you're doing it with a more neutral look. I just don't know. So I used that on my upper lashline and flicked the brush a bit to try to get a cat eye like the girl had... it didn't quite work but whatever. I also topped the look off with my Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, which may have been too much lash-action for the look... I think the girl was wearing Mascara, but I couldn't really tell.

So yeah, overall I really like face look, but since the focus of this look was the eyes, I was hoping that would work out better. Ohhh well. I may try this with other eyeshadows to see if it works better, but we'll see.

And for lips I used NYC's Expert Last Lipstick in Modern Love, its a nice neutral. 

If I tried this without seeing the girl on the subway first, I would have liked the look a lot more, but since I had that image in my head and I couldn't achieve it, I was a little disappointed. Nothing major but you know... it kind of sucked.

Hope you all are feeling lovely today! Ohhh and here's a pic. You can't really see the liner which is why I'm disappointed. You can probably see a bit of the fallout though.


Comments