Brand Collection: Nyx

So Nyx is a brand I really like from the drugstore. They're cruelty free, have a wide variety of products and they always have a wide selection of products too and now they're becoming easier to find. I used to only see them at Ulta, Beauty Plus Salon, and Harmon... but now they're in CVS, Target I think I've even seen them at Wegmans... they're becoming easier and easier to find. So yeah, they're a pretty cool brand.

First the lip products because they're the fun part right? I have three of their Butter Lip Glosses. Maple Blondie, Strawberry Parfait, and Cherry Pie. I love all of these. Maple blondie is a really great everyday pinky color. Strawberry Parfait is a very wearable pink, and Cherry Pie is nice if you want a little bit of glossyness to a red lip. All extremely pigmented on their own, but they look great on top of lipsticks too. I usually wear them alone though... and they have a nice staying power but they aren't too sticky. Plus they smell good. So really like those.

I also have a couple of their Butter Lipsticks and I really like these. The wear time on these is pretty dang good. I have Pops which is a neutral brownish pink and a brighter pink called Sweet Tart. I don't reach for these a whole lot, but they are absolutely amazing. They aren't all that hydrating, which I guess is what disappointed me about them. Because they're called "Butter" I was thinking they would be a bit more hydrating... but they aren't. They aren't really drying at all, but idk whats all that "butter" about them. I love the design of the packaging too. It shows exactly what you're getting. Which is pretty cool cause a lot of shades don't do that that well.

I have one of their soft Matte Lip creams too which I like a lot. I don't use it all that often because it is slightly drying, but it is more comfortable than most. Its more comfortable than the Rimmel Show Off Velvets, which I did a little review on here and I think overall this is a better product than that. I think I like the Maybeline Mattes better... but the Nyx has more of a selection right now and I think thats pretty cool. So yeah, I need to reach for this more. Maybe I'll do a true test Thursday on this soon... I've had it for a while and its nothing new, but it might be something fun to test out.

And last lip thing I have is the mood gloss in the shade romantic. I really REALLY like this. I lost it for a while and I was so upset. Now I found it and again I need to use this more often cause its so cool and I have it out to wear more often and I don't. Its really cool it starts out clear and then changes to this perfect pink shade thats just really pretty and cute. I love it.

I don't have many of their face products, but one that I've been using pretty much every day is the Dewy Finish Setting Spray. I used to absolutely love it and I still do. It isn't totally dewy... but if you're adding a lot of powder to your face, this helps to make it look a little less powdery and more natural. My problem with it lately is that I feel like the spritzer isn't the greatest. It kind of puts a lot of the spray out and it causes things like my Rimmel Radiance BB Cream to break down a little on my face I feel like. Idk it isn't like a super fine mist I guess, which isn't great. I almost want to try the L'oreal one... but that is wayyy overpriced... its like $16 for a drugstore product... which at that point I might as well get the Urban Decay one or the Mac Fix Plus or something. Not cool. But overall I like this product, just lately I've been having some issues with it.

Nyx also has some great eye products and some cool eye palettes. I have a few of their eye things and overall they're pretty good. I would have to say the best formula wise are probably the Love in Paris palettes. These are around $10, there are 9 shadows in them and they have a lot of different varieties. I have the shade Mon Cherie which has a lot of golds, some pinkish shades and some nice pops of color. I used this a lot last year, I haven't been using it much lately but this is really good. Really soft and pigmented. My friend just got a set of these too and she's really been liking it. I think she said she likes it better than her Maybeline Nudes palette... so thats pretty cool.

Along with their "love in" themes they have trios called Love In Rio. I have the shade En Fuego. Its funny because on the back it shows the spanish name and its still En Fuego... so that makes me laugh. This was probably a little cheaper. Personally, I didn't like it that much because there was a bit of fallout, I think I only wore it once... but these are really pretty purple shades that I should use a little more. They're very shimmery and it isn't a ton of fallout... but enough to be noticeable.

I also have the Wicked Dreams Palette which has 32 shadows in it, which is cool for a drugstore palette. This is kind of meh. I like it and I did use it a lot, and I should continue to use it a lot... but some of the shades are a bit chalky. Some have the same formula as the Love in Paris and they're awesome, but some of these are a little chalky. For a fairly chalky shadow though... these aren't that hard to work with. It is pretty easy to get a look out of this. I think it was originally like $13 or something but it goes on sale quite a bit. Yeah I definitely should use that more. This would be good for travel because its very compact, has a big mirror and it comes with a bunch of shades.

I also have the Smokey Palette... which I never use. Its nice, its not the best but its nice. I maybe used some of the shades a few times, but I hardly use it. I hardly do smokey eyes, so I think thats why I've neglected it so much. I need to figure out what to do with this and use it cause I've had it for like a year I think and I've never used it. Its awful.

I also have, actually I may have gotten rid of this... the Cream Shadow in Iced Mocha. I really liked this... but it isn't the best. Its not as good as the Maybeline color tattoos. I tried using it as a liner and it didn't show up at all because it was so creamy. I got a lot of use out of this. I used to just use this and put the taupe shade in the Wet N Wild Silent treatment trio over it and just call it a day... but I think I pretty much used it up and broke the cap so it was drying. I kind of want to try these again because I did like it, but at the same time I know I've tried better cream shadows and primers... so idk.

I also have one of their pigments. These are awesome but the packaging sucks. I keep mine in a contact lens case because I can't work with it in the packaging its in. I think mine is in the shade pink or soft pink or something. These are awesome and I would definitely buy more, but I don't like the packaging at all. That being said... I feel like I would do that with most pigments. Its just easier to have them in a little container than anything else... so that makes sense to me.

And I think that is everything. I really like this brand and I want to try more of their stuff. I hear they have foundations that are actually full coverage but also good for dry skin... so I may try that if I see it at Ulta or somewhere anytime soon. I love that they are cruelty free... and yeah. I hope they continue that. Really good brand.

P.S- Wrote this quite a while ago and its been shuffled around a bit! I also have the HD Blush in Intuition and the one in Taupe as well. My Taupe came shattered, so I wouldn't recommend getting these in the mail... but thats okay. I did the alcohol trick... it worked but shattered again lol. I can try it again though. Seemed better than taking it back at the time! I do really like Intuition though! I'll probably try taupe again!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments