Nail Look: Transparent dots!

I have another fun nail look. This I've seen a few places and MissJenFabulous included it in a video of hers and its super super simple so I had to try it.


What You'll Need 

Dotting tool or some sort of dotting device. Pens, Pencils, a paper clip, a bobby pin... all will work well, but Dotting tools are usually inexpensive and easy to find.

4 different nail polish colors
What I used 
Blue- Essie Garden Variety
Purple- Essie Flowerista
Green- Essie Mojito Madness
Pink- Sally Hansen Hot Magenta

A Top Coat

Optional: A base coat 

So I painted my actual nails first and I used Essie's Garden Variety which is a pretty teal blue from their spring line. I have a review on this and Flowerista which is also from their spring line right... HERE LINK SHANNON. I put a base coat on before I went in with the actual color and I used Orly's Bonder. Blues usually stain and this one is quite stainy... so you want to be careful with that. I painted my Middle Finger, Index finger and thumb on each hand with the solid color... but do whatever you want, you are in charge of your nails! Usually I do it a little different on each hand, but this worked well for me. I waited for them to dry before I went to the next part.

I just took a dotting tool and went in one color at a time, and just spread it around. I started putting 2 or 3 dots of the same color down at a time and then I went in with the next color and repeated. I would do that on each nail... so I did all the green dots on all 4 fingers, than the pink and purple and blue... you get it. You could do it a nail at a time and see whats happening... this just seemed like the quickest way to do it for me and its pretty good.

Tip: Before going in with the dots on your plain nails, make sure there is no staining or excess polish or anything because you will be showing your nail and it won't look as nice. I went over it with a buffer before and made sure it looked nice and neat.

And after dotting, just go in with your topcoat, I just used Seche Vite. I also went over the tips of my nails a little extra with my top coat because thats what the professionals do.

And Idk if this is like the cutest nail art ever... I post these on the Tati app and people are always super nice on the app... but there's a button where you can press LOL and I always get that on my nail art... and that probably isn't a good thing but whatever. I like the colors and think its trendy and cute and something fun, different and easy to do. And I'm getting a lot better at my nail artistry... I think at least.

Hope this was helpful. Leave me a comment if you like my nail art... or if you hate it because I'm really not an expert, there are other tutorials that come out a lot better than my silly nails... but I'm not an expert and I think I'm quite good for a non expert. Lol.

 I also did another one of these after writing this where I used a light pink, a white and a rose gold and it gave a "glinda the good witch" type of bubbly look... which I was happy with! I thought it looked really girly and who doesn't love Glinda?


Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments