Weekly Favorites: Week of May 18th 2015

For some reason when I write down 2015 I keep thinking "no thats not right the world ended in 2012." ... clearly not.

Anyhoo I don't want to call this a Monday Must cause I have no idea if this will be posted on Monday or not cause I'm graduating college on Monday... so yeah. I may take a little break from blogging... but I still want to post stuff... so... meh.

I have an upcoming Haul that I mention this in...but the Milani Shadow Eyes Cream eyeshadow in the shade Champagne Toast is amazing! This is so good for priming eyeshadows and making them stick on to your face, and also for using as an eyeliner in the waterline. It actually stays all day, it doesn't crease, so in a rut, you could totally just use this on its own and it would look amazing. I have a feeling this will be a summer favorite and I just really like it.

I've been kind of testing out looks to use for graduation make up all this week and I was kind of in between using 2 foundations... and I'm pretty sure my absolute favorite foundation I've tried is the Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous. If I had to recommend one drugstore foundation, this would work for most skin types. They don't have the best shade range, the lightest shade works for me, but it seems just a little off. It claims to be  Oil Free, Won't Clog Pores, Suitable for Sensitive Skin, and Lasts all day. I find all of these to be very true! I don't really have the most sensitive skin, but my friend has pretty sensitive skin and I told her to try this. I also like that it doesn't have SPF A) No Flashback B) I don't really think drugstore foundation/moisturizer SPF's really do anything... just an opinion. C) I also feel like they're cheap and can break you out or sting while putting it on. I've tried foundations with SPF that are fine... but I still don't totally think you're covered by having SPF in a foundation or moisturizer. If its like It Cosmetics or Tarte or like a skincare-based make up company like Olay or Garnier... I kinda buy that that does more than like a Revlon SPF or something... does that make sense? I'm skeptical... lol its not going to protect you on its own and I feel like they shouldn't really claim that.

Long tangent on that eh? Lol.

Next things next... Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette. Now if you're going to buy this... The shadows are amazing and its really good, and that is worth $50... but the packaging is bad. I haven't used mine a ton until recently, but I kept it in a make up bag and I guess it got a little squished somehow in the bag... and the packaging is totally in 2 now. I posted this on the Tati app and a bunch of other people told me they had the same problem with the package breaking in two... and i have another Too Faced Palette thats a little older and I can feel the magnet kind of not closing as well as it used to...

The Shadows are amazing though! Lol. And its pretty long wearing and easy to create a look with. I'm pretty sure this is what I'm using for graduation. What I have been doing with it (and what I think I'll do for graduation) is putting the Milani Shadow Eyes down first all over the lid, then I take Marzipan all over the lid and I put Creme Brulee in the center of my eye. For the crease I use Semi Sweet and then just take a bit of Amaretto on the outer edge and I go in with White Chocolate for the browbone. Love these!

The other 2 palettes I've used this week are the Tarte Bon Voyage... I was thinking of using this for my graduation look... but it takes a little longer to do that look I think than the Too Faced look... so yeah. Love the palette though. It is super easy to use, Longwearing, pigmented... the matte shades are really pigmented and its just nice overall. Its limited Edition... but Tarte has so many other palettes out right now, I would say get one if it interests you. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get the Showstopper palette. Not that I need another palette... but pretty right? Lol.

I also used the Elf Prism Palette in the shade Sunset... and I LOVE this palette! Its so good! Using it wet is like amazing. They're $10 which is not bad at all for the quality you get, and honestly its pretty longwearing too. There are no matte shades in the palette at all, which is kind of upsetting... but really if you have a matte brown in your collection or a matte purple or something... you could combine it. I actually used one of the colors in here in the crease... I will post a look with that really soon cause I did a fun one with that that I wrote the steps to achieving the look... but I didn't take pictures lol. But its a look I want to attempt again and take some good pics of. Lol. I was happy!

Another good Elf Product I got but I didn't use a ton at first was the blush and bronzing cream. I think they only have one shade of this... I wasn't sure about it when I bought it because it looked a little orange for me... but JamBeauty89 likes it for contouring and she's about the same skin tone as me, so I thought why not try it! And I did and it looked really natural, it was easy to use and it lasted really well. Its just one of those products that in the pan doesn't look like anything too special... but put it on your face and its like "ohhh thats cool." Its nice and light and easy to use for the summer to. It gives such a pretty glow too! I love it!

And I know I said "mehhh" about it when I first got it... but the Tarte blush in Fearless is not Meh. Its quite "ohhhhhh." worthy lol. Its a nice peachy shade that would look good on a lot of people, and when you use a highlight with this like the Benefit Watts Up... it looks quite pretty. It isn't totally fool proof because it can look kind of like "ohh there is no color on my face what up" and then "Ohhh I'm blushing hard" really fast... but its a good blush and I do really like it. I think its good to use with a fan brush, cause then you get a really pretty light application for it which I really like. Its pretty and it wears a lonnnng time.

BTW Rereading this now and "but the Tarte blush in fearless is not Meh" is funny to me. I'm not going to describe things as "meh" and "not meh." It seems so serious the way I wrote it. Lol.

And for lip products. I've mostly been using Bite Beauty's Fig... which is like my favorite lipstick ever... it is gorgeous, will work for anyone and its really natural but still quite impressive looking I guess. Lol. Its a really pretty color. I also like layering it with my Essense Lip Liner in Wish Me A Rose ( side note: I keep wanting to call this Kiss From a Rose because A) That seems more like a thing to say and B) Ohhh yeah because it is. Its a Seal song that is the most beautiful song of life. Lol.) Anyyyyywayyy this is a good cheap lipliner that makes lipstick stay on longer, plus its good to wear on its own. It works. Lol. And my Buxum Mini glosses have been awesome this week. I really like Erica I think its called. Its a really great topper gloss, but its also super cool on its own. The shades in this kit that I got are just really great cause they're all together and unique.

Sooo.. yeah! That is it! Let me know your favorites!

Byeee!
_Shannon

Comments