Recent Elf Purchases Review- All pretty good!

So I've been buying a lot of Elf stuff lately and I've been trying them all out and I have some thoughts about them already!

I'll start with the skincare cause I did kind of review those already and I really like them. I will say though that the Moisturizer is a little sticky. I like using it under make up specifically... almost like a primer to my primer. Lol. Its really good for that! It might be my favorite drugstore moisturizer. A lot of moisturizers with sunscreen sting me a little, and this does not! So thats pretty cool!

The Night Cream is also really good and hydrating! I did get the Origins Moisturizing Overnight Mask since trying that... and the origins is probably the most moisturizing, but I really like this elf one for everyday use. The only Thing about it is that it stings me a little when I first put it on sometimes. If I wash my face, exfoliate and then use that right after... it stings a little bit. Its not bothersome really and I'm not breaking out because of it... but I did sort of stop exfoliating before using it and it works better that way!

The thing I liked the least is the Moisturizing Primer... its not bad. I just felt like it was slippery and not the best. I've tried a lot of primers and this one was not my favorite. I'll still use it, but it wouldn't be my first choice.

The BB Cream I sort of like and use a lot... but it also kind of clings to my pores and exaggerates them. Its pretty full coverage other than that weird part. It doesn't cling to dry patches or anything it just kind of makes my pores look big and weird. I don't think I've used it with the Porefessional or anything like that, but... maybe I will! That seems like a good idea. I like that its cruelty free!

The Setting Spray I got by accident... and that was actually pretty amazing. Its not the world's greatest setting spray or anything... but it does what a setting spray does. And thats all we should really ask for. Plus Setting Sprays are expensive! For $3 and it works... not bad.

The Lock and Seal which is what I did want when I got the setting spray is also really good... but be careful with it. I think its supposed to work like fix plus where you wet your brush and dip it in... I never really have luck with that... so I just used this on my eye as like a primer... and it worked, but it will burn if you get it in your eye. And its not a pain that lasts... but its painful... so keep that in mind? Lol I don't know if I should recommend using it this way... but it works. Just dot a tiny tiny bit on your hand and spread it on your eye lightly. If your eyes are sensitive, maybe don't try this... but my eyes are pretty sensitive and its not really an issue if I'm careful enough with it... so yeah. There is that.

I got a couple of bronzers. I got the cool Bronzer which is like a Mosiac and I absolutely LOVE this! You can contour with it and highlight, its super easy to use, looks really natural and I think its absolutely amazing. Then I also got a cream bronzer and blush duo, I think its called St. Lucia, but this is the cream not the powder... also AMAZING! It just makes your skin look so glowy and healthy. I really really love it! I'd say if you want to try anything from elf, they have the best cheek products. Thats what I started with and what I got into and thats what I think is most consistent in their line. They have some liquid blushes I've never tried... I like their liquid highlight, but a lot of people do not... I just think that all of their cheek products are absolute hits.

Another super exciting thing is the Prism palette! I have the shade in Sunset and this is awesome! Really great kind of neutral but like stepping out of the comfort neutrals. I like the Naked Prism palette and I've heard great things about that... but to me the only reason that its super unique is that its really high quality and its drugstore. This actually has a unique color selection that looks gorgeous together, but without a palette for this... I probably wouldn't have put these colors together. And that is kind of what you need sometimes. And thats what I think I needed and I really love the way this looks. It wears really nicely on the eyes too. It stays on like all day... so good! Love it!

Also in the eyeshadow selection I have the smudgepot in Brownie Points. This is a gorgeous cream eyeshadow and it does make a great primer. I haven't used this all that often to be honest, but I do really like it. It is a little creamier than the Maybeline cream eyeshadows which I like a lot, but I do think this works better with other shadows and the Maybeline ones I think are okay to wear on their own. This isn't quite as good on its own. Also my packaging is still all together but its somewhat shattered. Not sure what happened there to be honest... its staying together but it has cracks in it... which is weird.

And last but not least, something I can definitely see being a constant repurchase is the Under Eye Setting Powder. This works really well with concealers and I think it could probably work on its own. It just sort of makes all your fine lines and all the bad stuff under your eyes disappear. It is something you will notice a difference when you put it on. Its really nice. Its a little messy... but I like it and this makes me want to try their other powders. They have an all over face powder and a sunscreen powder... which is pretty cool!

So... yeah! That is my little round up! Hope you found this helpful!

Byeee!
-Shannon!


Comments