Review: Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kate Moss Mascara

So this is a pretty cool thing. I got this mascara from Influenster for testing purposes... Which doesn't affect my opinion at all.

Now I prefer Rimmel Mascaras in waterproof versions because they tend to be a little flakey otherwise and I end up getting panda eyes... this is no exception. They did not send the waterproof version of this... so this was also really pretty flakey.

It has a kind of dry formula... but its a little goopy which adds to the flakeyness. The wand kind of gets a lot of product on it... but it isn't too hard to get the access off of the wand... which usually I do with mascaras anyway.

The brush is really cool... but also kind of gimmicky. Its a traditional bristle brush and it has a "broken heart" shape to it. So there is kind of a curve but like a swirly curve. I don't really like wands like these. I find them a little gimmicky if it has an odd shape... but it really does get the outer portion of the lashes which makes it a little more full looking, flirty and sort of gives a false-lash effect.

I don't tend to use any sort of these weird brushes on their own... but mixed with another mascara I think they are awesome so that is what I'm using this for. It mixes really well with the Tarte Lights Camera Flashes mascara... which is another mascara I didn't love but mixed with this it is like perfect... especially because its waterproof! I was really happy with my lashes when I used this combo. I also used it with Ulta's Amped Up Mascara... which is probably my favorite mascara ever and it worked really well... but I definitely used a lighter hand with that, I wiped some excess off of the wand and went in lightly with it.

One thing I also don't love about this is that its a little clumpy. My lashes are very long and full naturally... and this made it a little clumpy to the point where I thought "wow I should have just not used mascara at all." That's when I started doing the combos. I also like to brush through my lashes a little bit with a spooly or a lash comb.

So yeah those are kind of my thoughts. Initially I wasn't too impressed, but I really like it for layering mascaras, which I really like doing! As of right now I think I would repurchase it just because it is a good combo mascara and I feel like that is the best way to cheat false lashes. Use a regular wand and then a weird looking gimmicky one to give it umph especially around the outer edges of the eye. That is what I liked about the Kat Von D mascara and I think this is just as good for mixing as that... but a lot less expensive... which is cool!

Hope you guys found this helpful!

P.S I actually just got the Ulta RainCoat waterproof topcoat mascara. I have good luck with Ulta's mascara and I hear this is a good waterproof topcoat to add to any mascara, so I will update you on that!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments