April Favorites 2015

I feel like I always say I've been trying out a lot of new products this month... but I've gone a little cray in April with shopping... its okay, it seems a lot of people do in April... I hardly ever order anything online and I've made like 3 online orders and I've got some more colourpop things in my cart... so... yeahhh. Lol. I have a lot of faves... which is good cause they've all been good.

Hair
I'm gonna start with kind of the star of the month. This is a brand I've never heard of, a product I probably never would have purchased on my own because... I mean I've never heard ANYTHING about the brand or the product and its totally becoming a holy grail for me... and now I can't even find it of corse! Lol. The One n' Only Argan Oil Treatment... Ohhh my gosh! This is amazing! Its a pretty affordable brand, they sell it at Ulta and probably Harmon I believe and a smaller sample came when I got my Inifiniti hair dryer and its totally made my hair super soft and really really nice. Its wayyy better than the L'oreal oils I've tried... Its a couple dollars more than the L'oreal but still. $11.99 for Argan oil is like nothing compared to some brands. You only need the tiniest bit too and it'll keep your hair soft for a while. Its so so good. I didn't notice a difference instantly... but it was after using it for like a few days I noticed my hair was really soft and looked really nice. And I don't think my hair has been soft in years... so that is awesome. 

Since I mentioned it my hairdryer is also a favorite. Its the Conair Infiniti I use it with the diffuser that makes like a small rectangle thingy... pro terms lol. I really like it. It gives my hair a lot more volume and the curl looks really nice. I haven't heat styled my hair in years either, but now I wash it in the morning... so I sometimes need to wash it before I go out or anything like that. Its really good I really enjoy it. 

Skincare 
I've also been loving Philosophy! The Purity Cleanser, the Miracle Worker moisturizer and the Hope in a Jar eye cream. All awesome... and I wouldn't have purchased them if I didn't try a sample from Sephora that was free for VIB's... so thats cool. I've noticed a difference since using the Purity cleanser, my pores look a little better, my skin feels moisturized and I just really liked it. That small sample lasted me all month pretty much, and I liked it so much I got the full size... which also came with the Miracle Worker Moisturizer which is amazing. I noticed a difference pretty instantly. My chin is extremely dry and its actually helped that a lot. I've also been liking the Hope in a Jar... its okay. Not something I think I'll repurchase right away cause I don't feel the need for an expensive eye cream right now... but I do like the sample! And it works amazingly with the Garnier Charcoal Scrub... another favorite lol. I've tried so much skincare this month and its all been working really well... so there is a lot of it. 

And the Elf Skincare items I've tried I've been liking a lot. The Night Cream helps almost as much as the Miracle Worker. They're both really really good. And it works well with the Tarte Maricuja Oil... yet another skincare fave. Lol. Its expensive... but I got it during the 21 days of beauty and it'll probably last me... hopefully until september at least which is the next 21 days of beauty lol. I like it a lot. 

Make Up 
The Elf BB Cream... surprisingly awesome. It covers really well, but naturally... it has a nice packaging and its super affordable. It kind of clings to pores and dry patches... but it isn't bad. Its really easy to use and I've been using it a lot. 

KathleenLights Colourpop Quad... omg guys! Its called Where The Light Is and it is amazing! It is really really good. Colourpop shadows are super super pigmented and Kathleen designed these really great warm neutral colors that look awesome together! I love Kathleen, she's really funny and just fun to watch and I just think its so cool that she got to help them create these shades and she picked the colors and the names... she named one Cornelius after her dog! Its just so cute and I love it! The matte white shade in this palette is also such a nice inner corner highlight shade too. Its called Glow and it really does give a nice matte glow to the inner corner... its just really really nice. 

Towards the beginning of the month I was wearing the Nyx HD Blush in Intuition like every day. Its such a gorgeous glowy pretty color. These are really soft and pigmented and they're just really nice blushes. Its a good colour I feel like it works with any look and with any skin tone. Really good. 

And I've been using my favorite Pixi highlighters that came in the 2nd edition holiday palette... I definitely recommend their highlighters... I would buy another Pixi Palette just for the highlights... although I'll probably never go through one entire thing of them cause they are huge and you don't need a ton of highlight... but these are really awesome. 

And for lips I really have been loving Colourpop's' Lumiere lippie stick. Its a little bit drying, but the color is awesome and I love the packaging of it and everything too. It is sooo nice and just a really pigmented everyday color. I've also been loving Nars Turkish Delight layered on top of it because it adds a nice glossyness and it makes it a little less dry looking on my lips. I love the formula of this Nars lipgloss... and I know they have a summer collection coming out and I totally want another lipgloss from it cause this is awesome. There is no taste, its not sticky and Its good for layering... probably a bit too light for my liking on its own... but its a gloss so it can work nicely. I bet this would be nice with like a light lavender type of lipstick... ohhh yes. Lol. 

Another favorite that I haven't worn that often but its amazing and I love it is Garnet by Bite Beauty... Omg perfect summer color. This has the opposite formula of Nars lol. Its very fragrant and its super sticky, but its pigmented and gorgeous and I just love the formula of it! Which kind of sucks cause I now realize, I don't really like lipgloss from the drugstore... and all the brands of lipgloss I like are really expensive... but they're good and if you really really want to treat yourself... who doesn't want to treat themselves to a lip product right? Plus usually they're the least expensive thing you can buy from a brand... so yeah. Lol... 

Brushes 
I just feel the need to mention some brushes cause this has been a pretty big brush month for me also... lol.

The Real Techniques blush brush... awesome really soft it gets a lot of pigment on the cheek but not too much. It blends it out nicely and its just really good. 

Up and Up blush brush too. This I think is better for harder blushes than the real techniques is. It works well with the Tarte Amazonian Clay blush in fearless that I have that I did not love at first. This is awesome. It can kind of contour too... but i have better brushes for that... lol. 

The Real Techniques contour trio... now idk how easily available this is anymore. It comes with a contour brush, a setting brush and a fan brush that is limited edition to the set. Now I really have been liking the fan brush... but it isn't life changing or anything. I think any fan brush can probably do the same thing... its just a fan brush... but I like the way Real Techniques brushes hold up so I really like it. The contour brush is really nice and hard but still soft and fluffy... lol hard and soft. I guess dense is the word? Haha. I'm not sure its really good and makes contouring really easy and the setting powder is probably the star of the kit cause it is the absolute perfect size to set under the eyes. If you want to set some powder on the t zone, this would be good too. If you want to clean up, this would also be really good. Its very multi-purpose and just really really good. 

Body 

2 body products I've really been enjoying are the Whish Almond body wash and the Caress Adore Forever body wash... these are sooo sooo good. I just did kind of a comparison on the two... which I either have up already or it will be up really soon... I will link it here if it is available... lol. Really like both of these a lot. 

Bath and Body Works A Thousand Wishes Body Butter... super moisturizing and the packaging of this is super cute! Lol. I'm almost done with this. The one thing I don't like about this is that when I use it while I'm in the shower it makes me sneezy... so I have to use it after... which isn't a problem at all... but it isn't quite as easy. I really like it. I'm almost done... and i honestly think I like the Bath and Body Works body butters more than I like the body shop version! 

And they killed it on the Hawaii collection... The Kauii, Waikiki and Oahu are my favorites... but I've been using the Hawaii a little more lately and I've really liked it a lot now. Good collection! 

I feel like this is my longest favorites ever... and there are so many things I've been testing and loving that I didn't even mention yet... but I'm sure they will be in upcoming favorites and stuff like that... so I will have more on these products in the near future... lol. 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 


Comments