Mothers Day Gift Guide!

Sooo I feel weird posting this here... lol. Idk if I'm an expert in mom beauty gifts... my mom doesn't wear make up or do skincare things or anything like that. She just uses herbal essences shampoo and  doesn't really wear perfume or jewelry lol. So... yeah. She is an easy person to shop for. But there are some things I feel like moms would really like that are more beauty related and stuff like that. So I'm just going to talk about a few.

What my sister and I get my mom pretty much for every holiday... this is what we get my dad too... Life Is Good T Shirts. They have really cute colorful t shirts that are perfect for parents. They always have really cute limited edition Mother's and Father's day shirts. My mom found these in Boston we saw their store, and it reminded her of a brand called Fresh Produce which was a really cute colorful brand that they used to sell at a store called Northern Reflections I believe... lol. This is a lot I know, but I think these T-Shirts just make great gifts in general because its a nice message. Sometimes you just need to remember "Hey. Life is Good." And they have doggies on them and all sorts of cute positive sayings. These are sold a lot of places, at least in NJ its pretty easy to find... but they usually have good deals on their website.

One Thing that would be a cute little gift for mom that is something she might not buy for herself is the Sephora by Formula X The Match set. This is like $17 ish I want to say. It comes with 4 mini colors of nail polish and there are 3 different versions for different skin tones. I have Light and I like it a lot. Dark looks like there are some nice colors for summer and idk. I'd buy for the colors you like more than the skintone, but I do like the nude and the pink that came with mine for my light skintone... so yeah.

If you want to get your mom a palette for Mother's Day, there are a lot of options! If she wears simple everyday make up, maybe the Too Faced Natural Matte palette... that does have some suggestive names, so if you think that may offend your mom... don't get that for her... lol. But if not I'd say that is awesome. If you want to splurge a little more, the Chocolate Bar or Semi Sweet Chocolate bar. I feel like I say that in every gift guide... but for good reason. Its a cute palette that would make a nice gift! And if your mom is more of a "pro" than The Lorac Pro is beautiful!

If your mom is super into beauty, like a lot of the Youtube gurus... I think I'd splurge and get something from Nars just because there is a lot of hype over the dual intensity blushes right now and the Neon Neutrals collection. These are things that I think a lot of moms, or wives or whoever might want but probably wouldn't splurge on themselves, and this is good quality stuff that is kind of harder to find or a little more extravagant. I've only tried 2 Nars products in Sephora inside JCPenny favorites and I wouldn't have tried them other than that... and I really like them so yeah. Its something good that you might not buy for yourself.

Gift Cards!!! I always say this... but it is something that your mom will definitely use and she'll probably have a lot of fun shopping for herself. My mom likes Macy's a lot. Target is also a place moms shop at a lot... so kind of just your moms preference. I don't think its impersonal... it might be a bit impersonal for Mother's Day... but it is something that your mom will get use of.

If you really want to splurge... A Coach Bag. I've tried a lot of different brands of handbags... but Coach is one that I keep returning to. They're all really well made and stylish. They have trendy bags and more classic bags. I don't think I have any other designer bags besides Coach and Dooney and Bourke... but I still have all of those bags and I still use them and they still look nice... even the ones I've had for years and years. I know there's a lot of hype around Rebecca Minkoff, Louis Voutton, and Michael Kohrs... I like Coach. Nothing wrong with those bags, but if you were to ask me good designer bags, I'd say Coach or Dooney and Bourke. Not super unreasonable for the quality... and I feel like I don't tend to trust other bags because these are so good.

If you want a little less fuss and non designer bags, I think Forever 21 and American Eagle have better quality affordable bags. Target bags I like, but to be honest, they aren't that cheap and the quality isn't amazing. Both of those places have trendier designs... but they do offer a lot of more classic designs that are seasonally appropriate or good ones you can use all year. I'm pretty impressed by the quality of this one Forever 21 bag I got last year. Compared to a similar Target bag... its in better shape.

There is also New York and Company... they have great bags, but they do look almost identical to Michael Kohrs. Which might be good... but if your mom really wanted a Michael Kohrs and you get her a New York and Company bag, she may be a little disappointed. The bags are good quality... but sometimes they have faulty zippers... so just keep that in mind too. But they would be a great option.

Jewelry... this is really personal. I find Baublebar has good quality jewelry at affordable prices... but they may be more trendy than a mom would like. Moms are classic so you want something classic. Lol.

If you want to go a different route and give her something sentimental... this might be a little late to get there in time for Mother's Day... but Shutterfly is awesome. It can take pictures and make a scrapbook, blanket, t shirt, mug, ornament... anything you want really out of any photo you want. This is a really nice, sentimental present that your mom will use and love. We have a lot from Shutterfly because its easy and we really like it. My sister orders from there, so idk much about it really... but still.

Byeee!
-Shannon

P.S Sorry this is so late! I wasn't going to do this... and then I thought of some things... so yeah. Lol. Here is my Gift Guide for Moms!


Comments