Tag Tuesday: I Love Drugstore Make Up Tag

I've done this before... but I don't think I've done it on this blog, and a lot of Drugstore Make up has changed since I've last done it... so here we go!

1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?

I feel like this changes quite often... I was going to say Maybeline or L'oreal... but I think I'm actually going to go ELF. I just made an order for Elf, I just purchased a few Elf items at Target... and I feel like they keep stepping up their game, their range of products is really great and just they keep coming out with stuff that is awesome. Just the range of items they have, for the price and the quality and packaging... its just all really good. I know these are kind of known for being hit and miss... but I've liked pretty much everything I've tried from them actually. The only thing I didn't like a lot was the eyeshadow duo set I got at a Christmas sale... and also the brushes aren't great after washing them... but they're pretty great overall and I really think they come out with really great things and their the brand I get most excited about.

The most "expensive" thing I've ordered from them is a night cream that was $12. I think other than like kits and stuff that they offer on their site. They have a pro kit and some pro brush kits and a subscription service that are more expensive... but they obviously come with a lot of stuff... most everything they have is around $3. Its all super affordable and really really great.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?

For Face... I have a lot. Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous for a foundation. Its amazing, good coverage, kind of a satin finish, and it works well for Dry and oily skin. I have dry skin, my friend has oily we both love it. Its really nice. I like the powder also because it isn't to heavy on my dry skin. I also like the Maybeline Master Primer by Face Studio in the illuminating version. I like the Real Techniques blending sponge. And the Pixi Glow Mist. Awesome.

Cheek... these are new favorites... but they're good. Nyx HD Blush in Intuition and Real Techniques Blush Brush... omg. I have no idea what my blush looked like before I had this brush... but it probably wasn't that good. Lol. And the Intuition is a nice, highlighty color... its nice. And probably my favorite favorite if I had to pick one are the Pixi highlighters in the Pixi Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd edition... love it! Ohhh and my Elf blush palette! Can't believe I forgot that! Its so good!!!!

And Lips... I really like the Maybeline Babylips. I use these like all the time and they give a nice color but not too much and they are very easy to apply and use.

3. Least favorite product?

In general, I don't like drugstore concealers. I haven't tried too many... but I'm picky with my concealers and there is just nothing I've gotten that I've liked yet. I don't like the Maybeline Lumi concealer... I really hate that they all have those brushtip applicators because those break me out after using it too much... and I haven't tried many but I'm just not a fan.

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

Essence Lip Liners are under $2 and they're good, non drying and you can pretty much get them for free. Lol Ulta always gives $3.50 off 10 coupons, so if you're right under $10, grab some of these, they're like 1.49 they're awesome!

Rimmel also has really amazing affordable products. One that I think is particularly a good value is the Stay Blushed Blush. I got mine from an Influenster Brand badge... but a little goes a long way with these and I think they're like $3 or $4 or something insane like that. I think these aren't all that available, they have them in the UK and at certain Wall Marts... I've never seen it in store, but if you do its worth it.

Also Nail Polish. Sally Hansen Xtreme Weae, Wet n Wild, Pop-Arazzi, Rimmel and NYC all have really affordable nail polishes... and I've heard great things about all of them or have tried them and they are really good. Sinful Colors has some good ones too and Color Club! So good!

And Jordana Fabuliner... this is unreal guys! I don't do liquid liner often... but this is really good!

5. What is your favorite underdog product? (Something you love that often gets overlooked?)

Some of the pricier drugstore brands, I feel like are a little overlooked. And that makes sense, prices  are going up... why should I pay $15 for a Pixi setting spray when I can get an Urban Decay one for $30 or whatever... but Pixi is still usually a better value than a lot of the high end brands that aren't really that much different in price. Just a thought.

A lot of BB Creams to. My favorite BB Cream, the Olay Fresh Effects BB got discontinued... which i kind of get. Its a very very light coverage. It gets a little oily. I use a mattifying primer with it... but yeah. It was good for my skin in particular... and I can see it probably won't work for everyone's but I really liked it.

And I love the Maybeline Nudes palette, and I almost never got it because I heard such terrible reviews of it! Buy it on sale if you aren't sure... but its good in my opinion.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
The L'oreal Infallible foundation and setting sprays... and the La Palettes. The point of drugstore make up is that its supposed to be more affordable... and a lot of the products are still really expensive and really they shouldn't be THAT much! Idk I haven't gotten the Infallible Setting Spray because it doesn't seem all that for me.

I've mentioned Pixi being expensive... but I find them a little more worth it.

Pacifica is kind of pricey for what it is too! Idk I want to buy their eyeshadows but they seem a little pricey to me.

And the Nyx Contour kit... why's that so expensive? $24! That is crazy! And the Real Techniques Bold Metals... which I think I'm going to try eventually... but they're pricey and they don't often have sales for them.

Ohhhhh and Ulta's in house brand... which always has some kind of deal... but it is pricey!


7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!


Stila Kitten is the same color as Milani Bella Eyes in Bella Chiffon and Iced Latte from L'oreal's Infallible.

Elf's Light Blush Palette has a color really similar to the Nars Orgasm blush...

I don't think I have enough lip products to do a dupe... but Milani's lip gloss formula is similar to the Stila glosses.

La Girl Lip Glaze is not a dupe for Too Faced Melted... but Milani's Intense liquid lip colors are pretty close in formula.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype? 
I did not like the Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous Foundation was not good for me. I tried it because of all the hype and I know Stephanie from EleventhGorgeous likes it a lot and she has dry skin... but it just clung to all of my dry patches. I used it up, but it just wasn't good for my skin type. Might be better for yours, but not great for me.

I think thats it... I did this tag a while ago and for some reason I feel like there is a question I'm missing or something... but that is it I'm quite sure!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments