Spendy Vs. Budget Friendly: Shower Gels- Whish Almond vs Caress Adore Forever

Alrighty here's a new post that is kind of weird... but I'm going with it lol. This isn't really a review or like a "product smackdown" type of things because... these products aren't really similar at all... This is barely even a comparisan. Basically I like 2 shower gels equally and one is really cheap and the other is kinda pricey... so yeah. I want to kind of talk about both.

SPENDY 
Lets start with Spendy because... that is what I mentioned first in the title of this... lol. The Whish Almond body wash. This smells... absolutely divine! I feel like its so hard to find a good smelling almond body wash year round and this is just awesome. Its sort of a more fall/winter scent I suppose and thats why Philosophy doesn't have their Almond Glaze year round... which has an amazing smell and I don't own it... which sucks lol.  But yeah this has a nice almondy dessert type of smell and I just love it.

This is $18, is 3.5 oz and I believe it is only available at Ulta. Its pretty new to Ulta... its also probably available on the Birchbox website and I think they have an online store also... but its recently been released at Ulta... which means it may be hard to find in store. I always go to Ulta with the hopes of finding a bunch of all these new cool things, and they never have them or they are sold out or picked through... so yeah. That is kind of sucky. But if you can find these products... they are awesome. The smell of this one is great, haven't smelled any others but... its good.

Some other things I like about this, the design of the bottle is really smart. Its in a small bottle, which I like because it fits perfectly in the corners of the shower and it comes with a pump... which has a brilliant nozzle that faces downward. I really like it. Its kind of thick, but I kind of like to use a lot of it... so I am going through it rather fast, which sorta sucks. But it lathers nicely, it gets you clean, its easy to use and it smells awesome.

Ohhh some of the claims of this from the Ulta Website/back of the bottle: "Whish body wash cleanses and soothes the skin without harmful sulfates. Our formula: Moisturizes with organic shea butter, organic raspberry butter, and organic aloe. Cleanses with a unique combination of wheat, sugar, and corn derived ingredients. Soothes with organic cucumber and organic marigold extract." Thats a lot! At first I really didn't think this moisturized a ton... but now I notice a bit of a difference on my skin. I shower during the daytime, so I kind of notice when my legs feel smoother and stuff like that when I put on my clothes... this always feels really nice after and I like that.

If you want to make this a little more budget friendly, it works with Ulta's coupons that are not prestige, so you could do 3.50 off or 20% off or whatever offer they have... which is when I got mine. They also have been having a lot of free gifts with purchase for this line... which is interesting and a good way to try things from the brand that maybe you wouldn't have. I believe it is also probably available on the Birchbox website, so you could redeem points for this if you really want.

BUDGET FRIENDLY 

So on the budget friendly aspect of this we have the Caress body wash in Adore Forever. This has a ton of crazy claims. Its supposed to last up to 12 hours... I've said this before, but it doesn't... but I kind of feel like thats because I use a washcloth to apply it because the scent does linger on the towel and washcloth I use... so it does technically last that long lol.

This is 13.5 ounces and on Target's website it says it is $3.49. Plus at CVS and Wallgreens I think these are often BOGO half or BOGO free and it is frequently on the Cartwheel app, so you can get like 5% off or 10% off probably. There are discounts on this.

This scent might not be for everyone. Its really sweet but it also has a sexiness to it... If I were to describe it I would say Sexy Raspberry Candy... which makes little sense... but yeah. Its also a really pretty raspberry color with sparkles on this. For the price, I think this feels and looks very luxurious. Its in a squeezy tube and usually I squeeze a lot out... again cause I like the scent. Its a little thin... it lathers really really well... but I just kinda use a lot. I still haven't really gone through that much of this... I got this a little before easter and its still going strong (its April 27th when I'm writing this) but yeah.

I also feel like this kind of moisturizes my skin a little bit. I don't think it claims to or anything, but my skin always feels really nice after I used this and its noticeable. I was pretty sure right away I was kinda wowed by it I guess lol. It just has a nice feeling on the skin and for a long time I was kind of favoring this over the Almond one. I was just super impressed with this one overall... so yeah.

Bottom Line
The only sort of problem I have with this is that I don't really like the other scents that caress has... I think the Love Forever was pretty nice but other than that, mehhh wasn't a fan. I haven't smelled the other products in the Whish line... but I have a feeling they are probably equally as good.

The Whish is also made with better ingredients and is not tested on animals... and the Caress is most likely tested on animals... so mehhh. Not so cool... but... yeah.

I also think you could use the Whish for a bubble bath... don't know if it would foam super nice... but yeah. In a pinch I think you could probably use it to shave with or as shampoo too. If you were taking it to the gym or vacation or something... you could get away with it.

I would definitely repurchase both of these, I've really felt like I'm treating myself by using them and idk... lol its just fun. I'm a big fan of body products!

I hope this was useful even though its sort of a weird post. Basically I just want to give you all the info about two products that aren't the same... but they're in the same family and have you decide if you want to spend or save a little on it. I may do more of these in the future... but only if I find something with an obvious comparison.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments