2sday: 2 Summery Face Palette Reviews!

I have 2 face palettes that I recently bought... and I have some sort of first impressions of them both. One I've only used once so far... but I've formed some kind of strong feelings about it... and the other I've used a few times already... and it's still good but idk if my feelings are that strong... but it's another good one for the summer especially.

Let's start with the one I've used once... but it was really pretty fantastic! The Lorac California Dreaming Palette! This has been popping up at discount stores... so you can probably find it at your local discount store. I used the shade Ray as a bronzer because that's a nice matte color that you can kind of use as a blush or a bronzer. I used Golden Hour as my blush because that gives a nice blushy bronze sunkissed glow and I used Sunlight for my highlight. This all looked really really nice together. These colors are VERY pigmented- so I did need to make sure that I blended my cheeks really really well to make it look more normal... and as the day wore on and all the colors wore on... they looked better and better! I worked a long shift... and it was closing- so I was really on my feet moving around a lot and it stayed on GREAT!

The next palette is a newer one from the drugstore that I think might actually be around the same price or more expensive than the Lorac one was where I got it. And although it is beautiful and probably the perfect summer palette... it's got some slight problems with it too. This is the Milani Luminoso Glow Palette! It has some bronzey colors that you can kind of use like blushes probably, some blush colors that are TOTALLY GORGEOUS and some highlight colors... which are really lovely- but sometimes I have seen some chunky glitters in it I think. I am wearing it today and it looks really nice and smooth... but I feel like I've had problems with it before? And I'm not really sure which of the highlighters look chunky on me. This is a totally shimmery palette too... so if you aren't a fan of shimmer- this is not the palette for you... but it is PERFECT if you love shimmer or want a fun summer face palette!

So that is everything.  I definitely think the California dreaming is worth searching for... and the Milani Luminoso Glow Palette is really good for the price too.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments