Rediscovered Lipstick Hot Product: Too Faced Melted Matte Lipstick in Hot Buttered Rum



I'm kind of surprised by how amazing this product is! I was getting makeup packed and ready because I was doing it at someone else's house- and I packed the Soft Glam Palette... and I just kind of saw this out of place in my lipstick collection and thought this would be a really good color to go with that. It was a warm neutral... like the soft glam! So that was kind of perfect!

I always overlook this product because... I always think of it was a fall/winter shade since it is from a fall/ winter gift pack that I bought around my birthday. The color is a perfect one for any time of the year however... All Lipsticks I kind of think just YOU DO YOU with it... but this one in particular I think just looks great with everything. It's light but its not too light... its warm which I think makes it a little different than a lot of neutral lipsticks. I just like it.

The scent and taste of this lipstick is great too. I feel like in this collection they really nailed the scents and this one was just awesome. I don't really know what Hot buttered rum actually smells or tastes like... but it is a really nice kind of caramel-y taste or scent. It's super nice. Almost like Butterbeer... which I'm not sure if that's the same thing as Buttered Rum but it's great!
here it is on me. 

The formula of the Too Faced Melted Mattes are great too. I've heard people complain about them being drying... they don't dry up on me the way other liquid lipsticks do... these stay a little more creamy and nice. It lasted me a long time too... it stayed on with me eating doritoes and a sandwich and I kept licking my lips and I think I actually got this in my notebook too. It's a little smeared with what looks like this color that I see in the notebook I wrote this blog in before actually typing and perfecting it. Lol.

So... yeah. Great color. I don't think you can get this shade easily right now... you might need to see if its at a discount store or CCO... I don't even see it on sale at Too Faced's website right now... but I'm sure it exists still somewhere! Check it out for sure if you happen to have it in your collection!

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments