Style Saturday: Why I've Been Loving Vests Lately

I've been kind of against wearing vests my whole life... but lately I've been kind of loving them. I think I've gotten 4 over the past year and a half or so... and I never really thought I'd like any of them. They're kind of like clothing and accessories all in one. It can also act as a cardigan in the fact that if you're wearing a tank top or short sleeves it can kind of cover up- but it doesn't provide much warmth- so if it's hot out it won't overheat you or anything. I really love wearing these for work. It can make an outfit more professional looking and I usually do get compliments whenever I have it on.

One type of vest I love is a long duster type of vest. This is perfect for me. I love any sort of long cardigan or flowy kimono. I have one that I got from the store I work at that's a kind of warm sweater type of material and one from Hot Topic that is sort of like a kimono. I can't find the hot topic one... which I'm really upset about because I LOVED that one.It was so cute I need to search for it. These also go with any outfit really and they just add sooo much to it. It definitely can dress up any top or t shirt and it just looks cool and fun. I love it. Cardigans can be a little warm when I'm at work... I'm usually running all around the store and doing different things- so vests are definitely a little bit better for me at work.

I did get another one recently that I'll probably post an OOTD on soon. This one looks a little more like a jacket- but it's the same kind of long vest. It's very lightweight and it's sort of an army green color which I love. I love a nice neutral color like that sort of green color. One of my coworkers or bosses actually put this on display with a sort of peachy orangey-ish top and I liked it so much I bought the top and vest right when I noticed it... so that'll probably be one of my next ootd's.

I have another fun vest that's probably more for fall and winter... my fur vest! I did an OOTD on this years ago... this picture was on my dating profile and everything  but it definitely adds a fun pop to any outfit. The sales associate at Forever 21 when I bought the vest seemed super excited about it... especially when I mentioned the Velvet Jumpsuit too.

So vests are definitely a great In-Vestment... get it. See what I did there? Anyway- I am sure I'll find a lot more uses for these and I always love my outfits with a vest. I need to do some OOTDs with more vests soon! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 


Comments