Favorite Lipstick Brands

Alright- now that I decluttered my lipsticks... let me talk a little bit about the brands that I kept and which ones I would repurchase.

I'm going to start with Covergirl because they have come a long way in my lipstick collections. I bought a few when I was first getting into makeup- and I decluttered them because I just didn't like them. They definitely feathered outside of my lip line and as pretty as the colors were- they just didn't work for me. I did keep 3 shades... but honestly I think I will get rid of 2 of them. I kept and really loved the Katy Kat Matte line with Katy Perry... but now that I think of it- I'm pretty sure the packaging has opened up in my purse and that probably isn't really sanitary... and I don't think I've worn it since then and I probably won't any more. So... I should probably just declutter those. I would still repurchase from Covergirl because I am curious about their new Cruelty Free Status and I know their formula's have changed. I also kept a Star Wars lipstick- which I have never used but I'm still going to keep because I love Star Wars.

Let's talk about some liquid lipstick favorites that I've kind of rediscovered with this declutter... which also inspired it. I used a Jouer Liquid Lipstick recently and I totally loved it- so I would definitely buy more of those. I think I have 4 of them. I also really love the Colourpop liquid lipsticks... all of the Colourpop lipsticks are favorites of mine- but the liquid lipsticks are super longwearing and inexpensive and I would definitely wear them again and repurchase. I also love my Fenty Beauty liquid lipsticks- I definitely like that they don't have a lot of colors and they try to make unique colors that will work on more people. Maybelline and L'oreal have some great liquid lipstick formulas too. I would definitely repurchase and I'm keeping them.

I think as far as drugstore lipsticks go... Maybelline and Revlon are great. I have already purchased some more Maybelline lipsticks and I love the Revlon superlustrous lipsticks also. In fact, I would say Maybelline, Revlon and L'oreal have lip products that I do pretty much consistently like... so I would definitely buy more of those... especially since they are so inexpensive.

Colourpop's new Luxe line of lipsticks is great also amazing. They have some really great nude colors that actually last a long time and they're really comfortable. Colourpop is just a good brand for lip products... so I'm always happy with them.

And Mac... I would love to have a big one of the vertical lip tower with all mac lipsticks... but that's probably not going to happen lol. They're expensive... but they are classic for a reason and they're just very good.

And... I think that is everything I want to talk about right now. There are others that I kept but I don't feel as strongly as "I'm going to talk about these in my favorite lipsticks post" cause they aren't quite favorites but they are still good... aside from the Bite Beauty Lipsticks that I have a ton of. I love Bite Beauty and those I might repurchase or purchase full sizes of if I finish the minis.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments