Ulta Haul+ Some other stuff

So I've gotten some makeup and some other products recently at the store I work at... so I'm going to talk about that and then talk about what I got from Ulta!

I think I've talked about this before- but now that I'm blogging more I kind of just want to bring up the fact that I'm not actually ever going to say the store that I work at. It just seems like a good idea to keep that private. I'll talk about things I buy there because it is a great store and I shop there more often than most places... but yeah.

So now into the goodies! I got 2 packs of those Real Techniques sponges that I've mentioned before. They were on sale for $3 and they come with 2 in a pack... so of corse I had to get it!

I also got a brush from It Cosmetics... again I forget what the brush was called and I threw the packaging out already... but I'll insert a picture. It's a good brush! It's really big so it's easy to use!

I also got the Laura Mercier Silk Cream Moisturizing Photo Edition Foundation! I've never tried anything from Laura Mercier... so this was really exciting. The shade might be a little too dark... but I think it works- I've tried it out on my cheeks and it seemed to match.

I got a headband. Actually I've gotten 2 of these headbands recently- you might have seen the black one in my Maybelline look that I posted on Monday, but I liked that one so much I decided to get the pink one too! These are pretty and fancy looking and I just really like them a lot!
The shirt and the headband 

the other headband 

I got this shirt too. I'm sure I'll do an OOTD with this soon... but its super cute and really affordable!

Okay so now Ulta... this is actually from a few different trips... and I'm sure I'll make another Ulta trip soon because one of the Ulta's I went to has a nice selection of Colourpop and I kind of want to get their eyeliners again... and I definitely want to try one of their Velour Puffs just to see if I like Applying Makeup that way before investing in the Tati Blendiful... if I decide to buy that lol.

I used my 20% off coupon for this on the first trip... and actually the cashier gave me a 20% off coupon on my second trip... I didn't buy anything prestige that day so I think it was just a nice generic coupon that they can give... but I still thought that was nice because I'm pretty sure I did have another 20% off coupon too and I forgot to use it! So yayyy for my Ulta! I also used my points for the first order... so yeah! It was nice cause I got 2 high end things I don't think I would have bought otherwise cause they're a bit overpriced... and 2 drugstore mini palettes that were super cheap. So basically I paid for 1 of the drugstore products because I only ended up paying $3 for everything!

Let's start with the drugstore products! I couldn't NOT buy the Elf Bite Sized eye palettes. I haven't even swatched these yet... but they're so pretty looking and so cheap and... I feel like even if these aren't the best quality palette I can't NOT recommend these for $3 a piece.

Ok- just swatched them now so I'll include them below. They don't swatch the best... but these are great colors for $3. I got the colors Truffles and Berry Bad.
berry bad

truffles

Now for the 2 most exciting things! Let's start with the foundation. This is something EmilyNoel83 just used in her video and I wanted to try it because it seemed to look like something that would work for me. I'm wearing it today and it lasted all day and looked so so pretty! I really loved it! I got this because I do prefer Ulta to Sephora because of their points system... but when I knew I was going to use my points... but I was like "I wish they had some of the luxury brands I want to try from Sephora" And I thought Nars was kind of more of a luxury line... so I wanted to try this with my points!

And last but not least I decided to get the Anastasia Beverly Hills Amrezy Palette. I wanted to get the first Amrezy palette from years ago... and I wanted this one too... but it's $49 and ABH used to always be $45... so it seemed like a price jump just for the Amrezy name... and I really don't follow Instagram Models that much so I don't care that much about her name. I follow her on Instagram and she's BEAUTIFUL. I just did a 3 shadow look today with the shades Anastasia, New Yawker and 1988... it was such a great look and it lasted really nicely. I didn't take a picture of it because I just didn't really have time to before work... but this might be my new everyday look and I'm sure I'll share it again soon cause it was SO easy and just looked so pretty!

And then my 2nd trip... I decided to get the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Palette! I swatched this a few days ago and decided not to get it... but then I had a hard day and stopped at Ulta after work and I was like "yeah... I'm going to get it!" So... I got it!

And I got the Maybelline Superstray Matte Ink Crayon in Trust Your Gut. I'm trying to find a dupe for the now discontinued Bite Beauty Multi Task Lipstick in the shade Cashew... that one was my favorite! I'm sure I'll do a post soon trying to find dupes in my collection and possibly at Sephora... but I really like the formula of these and I liked the color name. I felt like I didn't Trust My Gut that way and I should have... so I wanted to use this color as a reminder. Cheesy I know- but I like when makeup products do that!

I did stop in before work the day I thought I published this too... and I got some Velour Puffs, some Cotton Rounds and some hair ties. I really want to try the Velour Puffs because I think I want to get the Tati Blendiful... but I should see how I like Velour Puffs first. Plus... the ones at Ulta are $2.50... sooo I can't not get them! Lol. And I've been needing new Cotton Rounds- I get the Premium Ones because they kinda remind me of the Shiseido facial cotton... but it's cheap.

Anyway that is it! Let me know some of your favorites from Ulta! That way next time I say I'm not going to buy anything I can buy it!

Bye!
-Shannon


Comments