20 Products of 2020

 Alright... 2020 was like a whole decade in a year... but here are 20 products that I used that didn't suck. 

1) The Maybelline Nudes of New York Eyeshadow Palette- This was like the first palette I used this year that I was like "Wow... this is awesome!" I couldn't stop using it- it was just really nice and easy to use and super affordable. This is probably my favorite drugstore pick right now! 

2) It Cosmetics CC Cream- During the shutdown I would go to my sister's house on the weekends to see my niece and my family and we would stay outside because that was the safest way to get together... so I wore this CC Cream if I wore makeup or not because it has an SPF of 50 so I never got sunburn when I wore this on my face! It's so easy to use and I just keep going back to it every summer! It is awesome! 

3) Tarte Mascaras- I've tried a few Tarte Mascaras recently and I really love them! I've been using the Maneater Mascara and I've used the Big Ego one also... they're both really great! I like them almost as much as the It Cosmetics Superhero... which I should probably use again sometime because I haven't used that in a while either. Either way I really like them! 

4) Colourpop Bare Necessities Palette- This is just such a nice, big neutrals palette that covers like all the bases that you would need for a palette. It's just really nice palette that works really well for everyday and it's easy to wear and fun to come up with looks for! 

5) Uoma Beauty Say What Foundation- This is the best foundation! I feel like the way that they did it was brilliant too- they put different skincare needs for different skintones... it makes sense and it's just really nice. Plus the color match is really great! 

6) Mented Cosmetics Everyday Eyeshadow Palette- This is a really good palette for everyday use. It's so neutral and it's really pretty and easy to use. It's mostly matte with 2 shimmers I think. It's a good palette that I've gotten some pretty looks with! 

7) Beauty Bakerie Cotton Candy Champagne Face Palette- This is such a good face palette! It has 2 blush colors and 2 highlight colors and it's just pretty and just a fun shimmery face palette. 

8) Hourglass Ambient Lighting Everything- I'm still obsessed with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette. I actually bought a new Ambient Lighting Palette this year too... so I have some new favorites too... it's just a good palette and good to have everything together like this! 

9) Colourpop Super Shock Highlighters- This was a rediscovered gem this year! I shopped my stash during the shutdown- found these and then bought a lot more on sale... which was exciting! 

10) Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation- This is one of my favorite foundations. The Uoma is still my favorite- but this might be in the top 3 or 4. The color match is a bit light but it still looks really nice on me and it lasts all day. It's really pretty and I still like using it a lot! 

11) Quay x Lizzo Sunglasses- My first style favorite! I love Lizzo so of corse I had to get the Quay and Lizzo sunglasses... I have another pair of Quay glasses that my sister got in a Fab Fit Fun box and they didn't work for her... and when I saw they had a collab with Lizzo I had to try it! I forget the ones I got... I think I got Come Thru and Jezebelle Twist... I think those are sunglasses they have in their line regularly- but they're slightly different. Either way I loved using them this year and they are just nice sunglasses! 

12) Loungefly Backpacks- I just ordered another loungefly backpack and I got one for a gift... so I'm excited for that... but I used a Nightmare before Christmas one this year- I have another nightmare before christmas one that I just got and a harry potter one... I just really like Loungefly Bags and... idk I feel like backpacks are just really easy to use and they get so many compliments! 

13) Erstwilder- Don't tell my sister I'm telling you guys this one... basically it's a jewelry brand that if you know you know and you're probably obsessed with it... but it isn't as big in the US as it is in Austrailia... but if you see me wearing a broach... that's it. 

14) W3ll People Mascara- I almost didn't put this on the list because I only have a mini of it and it didn't really last me too long before you could tell it was a little drier and didn't quite work the same. Not bad enough to toss yet... but not the same I don't think. Either way this is very easy to use and to just get SUCH long lashes without really trying. I need to try it again and maybe try a full size eventually. Great mascara though! 

15) Huda Beauty Naughty Nudes Palette- Again this is a newer favorite but... still a favorite. I really like how all the looks I get with this palette are and its just easy and fun to come up with looks for. I love the Huda Beauty palettes the best. 

16) Hoop Earrings- Another style favorite! I didn't ever think I could really pull off hoop earrings... but I kind of got bored just wearing dangly earrings or stud earrings... so this is great! 

17) Fresh Sugar Mint Rush Lip Balm- This is the only real skincare pick I have in this list. I just like keeping this in my purse and using it when I need it. It's very moisturizing and it's a nice flavor too! I love it! 

18) Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts- My favorite favorite thing from the drugstore... Dr Teal's Epsom Salts and the Foam Baths also. These just feel so good on me whenever I get back home from a long day of work... I love these. 

19) The Mad Optimist Epsom Salts- These ones are even better! They work so well. My favorites are the Freshly Mented and Chalet All Day... the Lavender one was just a little to "earthy" smelling for me... but they really makes me feel better and even if I don't realize I hurt as much as I do... it helps. 

20) Bath and Body Works- When Bath and Body Works reopened... I was excited. It's just a really fun place to go to and it's like my happy place right now. I might be indulging too much in Bath and Body Works... but like I said... it makes me happy! 

And I'm sure I've forgotten some things... but those were the real #1 standouts for this year... and I think this is a fair list! I am actually posting this really early because I'm probably also going to post a monthly favorites this month too... so I didn't want to be too redundant (especially since my picks probably were a little redundant)... but yeah! I love these! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments