Charlotte Tilbury: Is It Worth It?

 Okay- so normally I wouldn't do a review on something so expensive so early on into me using it... but because these are kind of smaller products that I've used every shade of multiple times... so these are my thoughts! 

I have 4 products from the line so... yeah. Overall... I really love these products- they're easy to use and easy for me to do my makeup in a hurry and they pretty much last all day so... I'm super super happy with everything! 

I'll start with my least favorite thing which is the Mini Iconic Matte Revolution Bundle. I do like the lipstick shades in this and they're really great colors... but they're just so small they're hard to apply and it doesn't really last on the lips as long as I'd like. I think I'd try the full sized lipstick still or another lip set that has slightly bigger sizes... but this isn't my top recommendation... despite the lowish price tag! 

Next up: The Film Star Sculpting Duo Mini. I don't know what shade this is- or if they have different shades. I really love this! The bronzer gives a nice glow to the skin- I could probably wear it without a blush or anything and it doesn't look too warm or orangey... it's just right. I thought the highlight would be more of a setting powder- but I was pleasantly surprised that it's actually a highlight! This is a very nice quick sculpting duo and... I'm happy that they have it in a mini size because it's a cheaper and easier way to try the product out and I probably won't use a full size. So this I definitely think is worth $29 if you are my skintone, or even a little bit deeper... I think this could work well. 

Next up I'll talk about the Instant Look in a Palette in Stoned Rose. This is the easiest thing to use to do my makeup with. It has 3 eyeshadows, a bronzer, 2 blushes and a highlight... and it is really an instant look in a palette that looks very put together and nice. The three eyeshadows they chose work really well together too. The deepest shade is dark enough to give some depth to the look and the gold shade just kind of goes with everything and looks fancy. Plus the highlight shade highlights the inner corner really well. It just looks like the fanciest most glam look that you can do in like 5 minutes. I feel like it doesn't always look the best on me or last the longest... but a lot of the time I do my makeup before the sun is even up when I'm half asleep... so it's more user error than the product itself. Overall I love this. I think if you're like me and you like all in one palettes and you want one from a more luxury brand... this is a good way to treat yourself... but you can get the same things for cheaper... or just make them yourself with a magnetic palette. This is still awesome though! 

And I think my favorite is actually the Easy Eye Palette in the shade Darling (or Charlotte Darling)... This is such a nice everyday palette... I love the formula of all of these shades and these ones really last all day. I haven't used this one as early as I've used the Instant Look in A Palette... so I can't say I've had the same experience with it... but it is a really nice easy palette that look very glamorous and put together. It's very easy to come up with looks with. I got this as a free gift with a $100 purchase and I'd say it was definitely worth that for me... but is it worth $57... that's a lot of money for this small of a palette. And I think the quality is there... you're not going to get the most versatile looks for it- but again if you want to treat yourself... this is probably my favorite product I've tried. I think I use the Instant Look In A palette more... but I really love this palette... Especially if you have like 10 minutes to get ready in the morning instead of just 5. Lol. 

So overall the one thing I would say would work for most people and is probably the one thing I can say "That is definitely worth the price almost anyone will pay for it" is the Film Star Duo. Next I would say the Instant Look In A Palette would make an excellent gift and if you need to get ready in a hurry- this is for you... and my personal fave is the Darling eye palette- I just think $57 is a lot of money for 6 shades. 

Alright! So that is everything- I hope you guys like this review. I would try more from Charlotte Tilbury in the future when I want to treat myself... I think her stuff is great so... yeah! 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments