Thrifty Thursday: 6 Drugstore Picks for Summer That I Haven't Actually Tried

So... this might be a weird post- but for this week's thrifty Thursday I thought I'd talk about 5 products from the drugstore... then I wanted to narrow that down to Summer and then I thought about a product I didn't try that I think would be good for summer... then I saw a review for something that might be even better... so I'm going to try talking about 5 things that I haven't tried but if I were going away or doing anything outside for summer- I'd consider picking these up. 

1) L'oreal Age Perfect Radiant Serum Foundation with SPF 50 


I was going to talk about the Maybelline Dream Urban Cover with SPF 50 but then I saw Jessica Braun do a review of this L'oreal line which also has an SPF of 50... and I thought this sounded great! I have the It Cosmetics CC Cream that has an SPF of 50 that I've been using when I've been going outside for picnics and stuff... but I'll probably purchase this when I finish a Foundation or BB Cream because this sounds so good! 

2) Makeup Revolution Color Book Shadows 

So this is something I was thinking of. I'm not traveling anytime in 2020 obviously- and I urge everyone else to do the same... but I feel like these would be good to travel with because they're big and they have a lot of shadows in them. CB01 is a grey and black color scheme that reminds me of the Jeffree Star Grey Palette that was just released. They also have a warm shadow one that looks really pretty for summer and a purple one. I'm maybe going to buy one of these in the near future! 

3) Elf Essential Lip Kiss Balm- 

Right now I've been into tinted lip balms just because I like having something comfier on my lips. I've been using one from Fresh- but I've heard these are really great too and I want to try to get one of these. There's only one called Berry Kiss on Ulta's site- but it's only $2 so... it might be worth trying! 

I also have one from the brand Beach Bum that is a lip balm brand with SPF 20 I think in it... I'll have to try that again because I bought it towards the end of the summer and I lost it... so I never used it much. 

4) Kiko Milano Tuscan Sunshine Bronzer- 

Okay... this is just turning into me windowshopping on Ulta because I just saw this and it looks beautiful! There are 2 shades Sweet Honey and Wild Sienna. Which is funny cause when they describe the colors they as Honey and Sienna... which don't really look like the colors lol. Okay... I might have to include a 6th option because I believe this is supposed to be a drugstore brand but it's $18... which is NOT a drugstore price for a bronzer... so yeah lol. I'm just windowshopping here! 

5) Colourpop She's Got Solstice Palette 



This one is really pretty and it actually reminds me of an older Super Shock Shadow set that they had like the first summer that Colourpop was a brand. It's just pretty and I like the color scheme... I'm not sure this is one I'll get... since I need cotton pads and I'm 90% sure I'll place an ulta order anyway because I need cotton pads anyway. So... I might buy some of these! 

6) Essence Pure Nude Spacelighter- So this is a product that went under the radar but it's older... I love the Pure Nude Highlighter from Essence and they have 2 newer shades that I never really knew about. The other one doesn't look like it'll work for my skintone but this one looks really unique and pretty! 


Hope you guys like this! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments