Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion, Favorites Friday: October Favorites


Hey guys! Trying to blog more here… I know I say that every time… but this time I think I mean it! 

Here are my monthly favorites as done in the Frugal, Fancy, Fragrance, Fashion and Favorites Fashion… its a lot! 

FRUGAL 

So I got the Makeup Revolution Newtrals 2 palette… ohhh my goodness this is amazing! It’s a $7 palette… just let that sink in. $7 eyeshadow palette… just as good as the fancy products I’ll mention in this post. It is also PERFECT for fall… Great for matte looks, the shimmers are great too… I love this and can’t recommend it enough! 

Another frugal favorite has been my favorite foundation for work: The Maybelline Superstay foundation! It’s a little too matte and slightly drying- but it’ll stay on all day and it’s been a great, reliable all day foundation. I like it a lot! 

FANCY

For Fancy… I have quite a few favorites actually… I’ll start with the one I just reapplied: The Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncuffed! This lasts a long time on my lips, the color is really pretty… and its just a good matte lip color. 

My biggest makeup splurge ever is the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit palette Volume 4… man was this thing a splurge. I still kind of can’t believe I bought it… but I have been using it pretty much every day and I do really love it. It makes my skin look like its glowing and it just looks so nice and pretty and it gives like a natural glow to the skin. This comes with 1 bronzer, 1 ambient lighting blush, 1 ambient lighting strobe blush, 2 ambient lighting powders and 1 ambient lighting strobe powder. These are expensive on their own or in mini sizes… so the palette isn’t a terrible value… plus it’s pretty compact and convenient… I really like it a lot. 

The Nars Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Primer… this lasts through a lot! It really helps my eyeshadow stand out and last a long time… I really love this as a base- I think it’s really worth the money… even though it is expensive… I’ll be repurchasing when I run out because it does really work. 

As far as eye palettes go… I’ve tried a lot of really great ones this month… I don’t know that I actually have a favorite- but I think I will mention the Anastasia Beverly Hills Norvina Palette and the Sultry Palette… which are both pretty amazing! I Love Anastasia and I wasn’t really expecting much from the Sultry Palette… but it’s actually really really amazing. I just really like these and think that they’re great palettes that a lot of people will like. 

FRAGRANCE 

I got the Angel Muse perfume from Mugler. I tried this a long time ago in a sample… and I was going to buy it but it didn’t last all that long for it being such an expensive perfume… then I saw it at TJ Maxx and figured it was a sign and that I needed it… so I got it. And it actually does kind of last a long time on me! So win win! 

Another favorite that I think belongs in this category is the Glow In The Dark Bath Bomb from Da Bomb… I love these bath bombs, they smell really great and each one comes with a surprise inside. I wasn’t sure how it would be glow in the dark, but this one actually had a light in it that lights up when it’s in water. It has a nice honeydew smell to it also… it’s just really great and nice! 

FASHION 

I have a few of these favorites too… it’s been a good month for fashion too! 

So I got this Kate Spade bag with a gift card that I had gotten for my birthday… and it’s amazing. It’s super cute, it holds a surprising amount of stuff and it’s just perfect for the fall… I really love it… and maybe I’ll do a review of it soon! 

One thing that’s been super in this fall is Sherpa… and I got the one I’ve been wearing from Uni Qlo… they have a lot of different colors, I got a pinkish purple one… but they have normal colors too like black and white… I love this- its so soft and cozy… and its just been really great for this time of year. 

My parents went to Japan this month, and they got me a jade bracelet… which I really love. The green color is just the perfect way to bring a little color into any outfit and I just love looking at it. 

I also got a pair of Betsey Johnson mis-matched earrings recently… and I feel like this is just going to be my new “thing.” I just like the way it looks- and it’s totally my style. Plus it’s really sparkly and pretty! 

FAVORITES 

American Horror Story has been a definite favorite of mine this month. This season’s been really great- plus I rewatched Coven and now I’m watching some of Murder House… and I’ve got my boyfriend watching it now and we’re just having fun talking about it together. It’s just a good show to watch. 

Speaking of my boyfriend- one of the things we always end up doing together is going to The Disney Store… so I’ve been buying a lot of things from The Disney Store lately… and it’s just been kind of fun! They took it out of my closest mall recently, so I don’t always get to see it… but now I feel like I go to the stores a lot and I’ve been looking online more too! 

Ohhh and the new Sabrina show on Netflix. I loved Sabrina The Teenage Witch as a kid and this darker take on the story is a lot of fun too. The first couple episodes started a little slow- but when it picks up it gets really good! 

And that is everything! Hope you guys like it! Let me know what your favorites were for October! 

Bye! 
-Shannon 

Comments