Recent Palette Purchases and Some Thoughts...

Over the past few months I've been going a little bit crazy with buying palettes... that's probably not the best thing- but for me it's been fun and for you guys I can give you some reviews!

I don't really know where to start up for this... so I guess I'll go by brand?

Anastasia Beverly Hills 

The Sultry Palette- So this is the newest palette from Anastasia and I got it with Ulta points because I do love Anastasia Palettes...but I didn't necessarily want to pay for this... so I paid for it with Ulta points... but if I had to go back and pay $45 for this... I think it's a little steep but I like it enough for it to be worth that I'd say. I like it $45 worth... I thought it was going to be incredibly boring and I didn't think I needed another neutral palette... but honestly I get a lot of different looks with this palette. It's super easy to kind of find inspiration from... and it's just a nice cool palette. I love it!

The Norvina Palette- I feel like I haven't given this palette as much love as it deserves... I haven't actually used it that often... but it's a really nice palette and I created a nice look with it that I think was one of my favorite looks of all time. This is a purple-y palette and also some pink stuff... I wore it with a nice soft, pink sweater. I just love it.

Urban Decay 

Elements Eyeshadow Palette - This is the first Urban Decay Palette that I purchased recently... I had a gift card to Ulta that I wanted to use... and I wasn't originally interested in this palette... but then I swatched it and I really looked at it and I was like "I can do a lot of looks with this palette... I'm going to buy it." And I can get a lot of really great looks with this palette... and it's always fun to use. I feel like the big drawback of this is the shape of it... it's not always easy to grab- it isn't easy to put in a makeup bag or anything... but I think maybe I'll attempt doing 5 looks with each of these palettes and putting it into some sort of blog or something.

Born To Run Palette - I feel like this palette looks a lot like the Elements palette... and it's just as good as that one... I think I've used this a little more because it is a really versatile palette... more so than the Elements palette. I don't know if it's quite as easy to come up with looks with- if that makes any sense because the way the elements is grouped together makes it really easy to come up with looks... whearas this palette isn't like that really... so while you do have more options as far as colors and finishes go with the Born To Run Palette- it is a little easier to use the Elements Palette.

With the Elements Palette I don't know if you can do a full matte look with the mattes in the palette... with the Born To Run Palette its easy to do a full matte look.

Naked Palette- I've never been big into the Naked palettes... I did like the Naked 3- I still have it... it's old though and idk if I should keep using it... but I never really wanted the original Naked palette because there are just so many dupes... but I had a gift card, I had a coupon and they already reduced the price... so for less than $30 I wanted it. And it is actually fairly great! I feel like it doesn't last all that long on my eyes... but it's still easy to come up with nice, neutral looks... and it is actually fun to break out and use. There are also sooo many looks online and in blogs or wherever with this palette- you can definitely find looks if you can't think of any... and for less than $30... this is a staple that anyone could use and love.

Kat Von D 

Shade and Light Glimmer Palette- I got this at a discount store... I don't really like Kat Von D as a person... I don't agree with her views about vaccinations... I don't agree with a lot she does- but I was curious about the palette... so I figured from the discount store it'd be a good chance to try it. I liked it- I've only used it once so far... the shimmers are great. I like this as sort of a smokey palette option. It's pretty glamorous for a smokey look too. I like it!

Shade and Light Matte Palette-  This is good too! I only used it once... didn't last long on my lids- but it is pigmented and again... I got it at a discount store so it was worth the price.

Too Faced 

Gingerbread Palette- This palette is surprisingly amazing! It's a really nice fall and winter palette... I don't think it smells that great like Gingerbread... but it doesn't really matter. This would be a great gift and I just really like it.

Pur 

The Grinch Good Enough To Steal Palette- This is such a cute palette! It just makes me happy to use. The quality is really nice too- plus it comes with a blush, highlighter and a tinted lip balm/lipstick... which is really great. I also really love The Grinch and I liked the new movie a lot... didn't wear the palette to the movie- but still! It was super cute and I'm excited about it!

Drugstore Palettes 

Rimmel Crimson Palette-  This is a dupe for the Naked Cherry Palette that came out before the Naked Cherry Palette. And it's actually really great. It didn't last super long on my eyes... but I still thought it was really great and it was fun to use. If you want a really fun stocking stuffer or advent calendar present- this is a good one!

Makeup Revolution Newtrals 2-  This is not an all matte palette... but I can actually get a great all matte look with this palette... when I usually don't have that much luck with all matte eye looks... though I always try! Lol. This is also kind of a dupe for the Too Faced Gingerbread- though this was out first... lol. I keep finding fun new looks to do with this palette too and it is one of those easy palettes to use that I just have fun using. I would definitely compare this to high end makeup... it's great!

Nyx Swear By It Palette- You know I haven't actually used this yet! But it does have every single color you could ever want or need. Mine came damaged though... and I don't think I'm actually even going to exchange it for a new one because... it just seems like more trouble than I want to deal with this palette- It was on sale to begin with and honestly its cheap packaging... so I should probably just depot it and do something else maybe.

Face Palettes 

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Volume 4 palette- This is great! I really love the bronzer and blush... the strobe powder is insanely gorgeous and the ambient lighting powders are pretty great too... even if you can't see much of a difference. I know this is kind of a rip off for $80... but the products themselves are great quality and I'm happy to have it all in one palette... I have been using this quite a bit.

Nars Dual Intensity Cheek Palette- This is really great! This is a really small palette- it has a bronzer-ish color... 2 blushes and a highlight. I like the blushes a lot but honestly I think my favorite part is the highlight. It's pretty intense and it just looks really really pretty on. The blushes are probably some of my favorites for this time of year especially... they do give you kind of a "just in from the cold" look to the cheeks which I really love.

And that is everything... for now! I definitely bought more palettes at the Sephora Sale... so you're going to hear some more lol.

Bye!
-Shannon

Comments